PDA

View Full Version : Moving from one resort to another?

luvDaMouse
02-14-2009, 12:55 PM
87 days till my first stay as a new DVC member!:yay: I will be staying at AKV from Wed 5/13 checking out Sat 5/16 and checking into SSR from Sat to Friday 5/22 Now the question... I may rent a car (undecided yet) so transfering to SSR would not be a problem if we do.If we d not rent a car will they transfer me and my luggage to SSR and what are my chances that my room would be ready right away?? If it isnt am I in some kind of limbo with my key to the world room key that has charging privledges and hopper park passes on it?? I am unsure about how seamless this transfer will be? sorry if this is confusing:confused:

ThanxForNoticin
02-14-2009, 03:12 PM
In general, changing rooms mid-stay is not a big deal, even if you don't have a car. You can easily make arrangements to have your luggage sent to the SSR from AKL. You will need to use Disney transportation to get there, unless you rent a car. However, you will probably need to plan for the fact that you are going to be without a room for 4-5 hours that afternoon. Sometimes you'll be lucky and have a room available, but don't plan your day around it. You should expect 4PM is when you'll get in at SSR.

As for your tickets, I'm not exactly sure how that will work. I know if you were just checking out of AKL on the last day of a trip, your park pass portion would be fine, but since you don't have a room - I don't think you'd have room charging privileges.

On the other hand, if you check in at SSR early, and your room is not ready, I believe they will give you your keys early for SSR and probably give you room charging privileges, too - even before your room is physically available.

I'm not sure if I helped you at all here! Sorry.

Thumper03
02-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Your luggage will be transferred and even put in your room for you while you play at the parks. You will likely continue to use your AKV room card to continue to charge on Sat. 5/16. WDW still has your credit card to charge off all purchases. Guest services will walk you through any questions at check-in.

hlkeck
02-16-2009, 10:01 AM
It could take several hours for you to get your luggage though - so keep what you NEED on you! I'm pretty sure we waited like 9 hours when we changed rooms once and we didn't keep the kids toothbrushes, swim suits, because we went to the park for the day and they were long asleep before the luggage finally arrived.