PDA

View Full Version : Please comment on ADRs - I'm trying to make up my mind before 90 days!

ChewyStriker
02-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Here's what I'm thinking about as far as making adrs for our upcoming May trip. Any comments would be great!

Tusker House character bf (my son really wants a meal with Donald)
Dinner at 50s Prime Time
Dinner at Coral Reef (again, my son if really into fish and aquariums, so I thought this would be good)
Jiko for dinner (I'm unsure about this one. I want to try it, but - don't throw stones - we tried Boma and didn't really like it)
Ohana for dinner. We've had the breakfast and liked it.
I definitely want to book Crystal Palace BF - a fave of ours. Also wanted to book San Angel Inn for dinner, but heard they are closing for refurbishment May 10. Does anyone know about this? Also wondering if that means the ride will be closed in the pavillion? My son loves that ride, and I know he'll be upset if that's the case.:(

GrmGrninGost
02-14-2009, 11:02 AM
50's Prime Time and Coral Reef are two of our favorite dinner spots. We also love Crystal Palace for breakfast (but not dinner). Hope you enjoy your stay! :mickey:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
02-14-2009, 11:09 AM
We went to Jiko a few years ago. We loved it! I'm not too high on Coral Reef, but that is just my opinion. I know a lot of people enjoy it. Ohana for dinner is awesome. SO MUCH MEAT!!!!!
:mickey:

Natazu
02-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Tusker House character bf (my son really wants a meal with Donald)
Tusker House is a great way to get some face time with Donald. The food isn't bad but that's not really what we go to character meals for now is it?

Dinner at 50s Prime Time
This place is a blast. I think everyone should experience it once.

Dinner at Coral Reef (again, my son if really into fish and aquariums, so I thought this would be good)
Great view of the aquarium, great food, great service. This place gets mixed reviews but I've never had a bad experience there in over 20 visits.

Jiko for dinner (I'm unsure about this one. I want to try it, but - don't throw stones - we tried Boma and didn't really like it)
I'm not a huge Boma fan either. It's a little overrated. I love Jiko, though. The menu is creative and interesting. The scallops are remarkable and the filet is as good as anyplace around, right down to the mac and cheese side that takes two days to make.

Ohana for dinner. We've had the breakfast and liked it.
Another favorite for me, I could eat the honey coriander chicken wings and pot stickers every day.

I definitely want to book Crystal Palace BF - a fave of ours.
For a buffet, the Palace is hard to beat. Even though I'm partial to the Hundred Acre Wood crew, the food here is pretty decent.

Also wanted to book San Angel Inn for dinner, but heard they are closing for refurbishment May 10. Does anyone know about this?
I've also seen that they are closing on May 10th for refurb. Hopefully they'll refurb the beef and chicken dishes too. I haven't heard anything on when they'll reopen. As soon as it's announced, you'll be able to find it here. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp)

Also wondering if that means the ride will be closed in the pavillion?
No, just the restaurant.

SBETigg
02-14-2009, 11:30 AM
If you didn't like Boma, you will probably still like Jiko. But you might also prefer to try California Grill, Narcoossee's, or Flying Fish Cafe, all very good signature restaurants. All of your other choices look good.

ljv1975
02-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Here is another :thumbsup: for Jiko. I love it there. I am usually a very picky eater, but I really enjoyed my meal here. The barbecue chicken flatbread with apples was very good, and the filet with macaroni and cheese was one of the best meals I enjoyed on my last trip. I highly recommend giving it a try! It is now a must do for us on every trip.

ThanxForNoticin
02-14-2009, 03:19 PM
I think you have some very good choices. I'm not a fan at all of Coral Reef, but I have many friends who love it, so I hope you have a good experience. I think your son will enjoy the aquarium.

'OHana is one of our all-time favorites for dinner. That's an excellent choice. Also a good choice with Tusker House.

The only choice I would question is Jiko - not that it's not a great restaurant. But you indicate you are not a big fan of Boma. To me, Jiko has some similar food types and selections as Boma - but without the much wider variety of the buffet at Boma. If you didn't find enough that you liked at the Boma buffet, will you be OK with less choices at Jiko? We love Boma and also enjoy Jiko ourselves - I'm just concerned you might not like it as much as another choice. Hope you have a great time wherever you end up enjoying your meals!

ChewyStriker
02-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks to everyone who's responded so far.

I'm relieved to hear that just because San Angel Inn will be closed, that doesn't mean the same for the ride. As I mentioned, my son loves Donald Duck - and this is one of his favorite rides.

As for Jiko - I wanted to try it because I'm a big filet lover - and the filet with mac & cheese sounds wonderful.