PDA

View Full Version : I just need to vent...

IamBelle
02-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Everyone in my house is really sick, coughing, sore throat, the works. We were fine a few days ago and it just came on suddenly all at once. I usually do not get sick, but it is really bad. One major problem is my school.
My school is overcrowded and has very little windows. And, the windows that they have are never open. The same air get recycled everyday. Everyone in the school is sick, so it is like a big germ pool. I tried to be cautious but, I still got sick! It just makes me so mad!! I did not want to start out my vacation like this!! They could at least let some fresh air in the school ,maybe people wouldn't get so sick. It is really terrible!!!!

jpH/keD
02-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I hear you loud and clear! Vent away! We went to NYC a few weekends ago and the first night we were there I got the stomach virus! It was horrible! I had to fight it instead of giving up and letting it take over for a day and then feel better. It was so hard on my body it took 2 weeks for me to finally kick it at home!

Also I went to my daughter's school yesterday for an assembly and they said to the parents. Please try to stay healthy and keep your kids healthy!!! I thought and we are still expected to send them here to the germ pool??? :confused:

Feel better soon and take zicam!

mrsgaribaldi
02-15-2009, 05:57 AM
I got sick on the first day of my vacation which was 2 weeks ago Friday and I still have the cough. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:for your speedy recovery.

beksy
02-15-2009, 11:04 AM
I hope everyone's feeling better soon! I'm on a lot of medications for RA that have basically killed my immune system and I know what you mean about the school conditions--not only are we recyling the air but the germs keep going around too. :ill: Only how many more weeks of winter? :giveup: :tink::tink:

pink
02-15-2009, 12:30 PM
I know how you feel. I feel like at my younger brothers school all they do is keep in the germs.

Parents send their kids to school sick and then they get everybody else sick. The teachers also bring the kids to the fountain and let me each take a turn and they don't scold them for putting their mouths on the faucet. It drives me crazy.

Disneypixie513
02-16-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry you're sick! Hope you feel better soon.
I'm also sick with a cold. :ill:
I agree with a PP..Take zicam! It works great for me.

IloveDisney71
02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm a teacher too and wish parents would keep their sick children at home. It not only exposes me but all of the other children. However, the way our school system harrasses parents about absences, I understand why so many parents send their kids to school sick. After four absences without a doctor's excuse, the parents get an "Early Warning" letter. After 8 absences, they might even have to go to court. Children can be sick enough to stay home but not sick enough to go to the doctor every time!
P.S. I do scold my kids when they put their mouths on the water fountains - that drives me crazy too! :thumbsup:

IamBelle
02-17-2009, 07:21 AM
After four absences without a doctor's excuse, the parents get an "Early Warning" letter. After 8 absences, they might even have to go to court.

Yeah, my school has a 12 + absences = no class credit policy, so I didn't stay out, because I never know when I might need to stay out.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Same thing going on at our school. I prop that outside door open every day that's decent weather! So far I've dodged the bullet, but so-o-o many teachers and kids have been sick. We're hoping the Mardi Gras break will give them a chance to get completely well!

MickeyMousse
02-21-2009, 02:33 PM
My youngest DS7's school is like a huge petrie dish!! :ack: He knows when to wash his hands (my DH swears I'Ve given him OCD!) but he always seems to catch a (thankfully) mildcase of whatever is going around. The nurse/school constantly says to keep your kids home if sick, let them be over it 24-48 hrs before sending them back, etc....then you hear that your kid has missed "so much school"....

Since we started homeschooling our oldest
DS12, he hasn't been sick once.:thumbsup: