PDA

View Full Version : American Idol?

bertmmur
02-14-2009, 06:33 AM
It appears American Idol is officially opening today at HS. I am confused about how this attraction will work. Will there be scheduled shows throughout the day? We arrive 2/18 for a 5 night stay. I would love to experience the attraction but am wondering if it will even be possible after reading how crazy it still is at Toy Story Mania. Any thoughts or info about this attraction?

lindique
02-14-2009, 04:54 PM
I just got back from WDW and attended the Passholder preview (twice) for American Idol. Because it is a huge theater and hardly any Passholders showed up, they had a standby line for regular guests as they wanted to fill the seats to make the show more exciting. As far as I can tell, everyone got in who wanted to, as there were empty seats in the theater during the show. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

There will be 5 regular shows during the day, starting at 1:00 PM. The winners from each of the 5 shows compete in a finale at 7:00 PM. The daily winner gets a "Golden Ticket" (or something like that) - a sort of Fastpass to compete in an audition for the regular show on TV. Enjoy your trip!