PDA

View Full Version : Getting a spot for Spectromagic

the other micki
02-14-2009, 12:23 AM
How early do we need to stake out a spot for 9 pm Spectromagic on a Sunday night (end of April)?

Thanks!

spoiledraf
02-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Got anything planned for March?

:D Sunday night may be quite crowded. Most arrivals are mid day Saturday and the first full day park visit traditionally is MK. I would personally plan on at least 45 minutes to an hour, depending on where you want to watch from. Seems more crowded near the entrance as a lot of folks watch and then head for the exits. It seemed a little less crowded near the start towards the back of the park to me.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
02-14-2009, 01:13 PM
I agree it depends on where you want to view. We have had good spots with as little as 30 minutes before towards the back. If you want on Main street I would plan at least an hour maybe more. We prefer to wait longer on Main Street because there is just something more magical for us there.

crazygoalie39
02-14-2009, 02:09 PM
We always go in April and we always stand on Main St. next to Casey's. We're there about an hour ahead of time and are first row right on the edge of the sidewalks. :mickey:

goofy78
02-15-2009, 03:07 AM
i concur on the hour ahead of time for a good spot along main street.

GoofyMom09
02-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Does anybody know of any other good places to watch other than Main Street?

DreamFinder2
02-15-2009, 12:37 PM
We love watching Spectromagic from the benches outside of Pecos Bill's and Prairie Outpost (General Store) in Frontierland. They're slightly elevated from the street, so even if someone stands in front of you, there's still a good view. We usually grab a snack and drink from Pecos Bill's about 30 min prior to the parade and enjoy!

Note: if the parade starts at the front of the park, it can take a while to make it's way to Frontierland, so you don't need to be there TOO early :thumbsup:

disneyboy98
02-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Eric I so agree with you! We were actually just talking about this tonight.

Last April, when we went, we were there over the Easter holidays and we had always had great luck with being by Pecos Bills and even a bit further down (almost between Pecos Bills and the Country Bears). To our surprise there was only a handful of people (20 tops that we could see) around us, and we were all spread out. We had my neice there (1 year old) and I have never seen anyone get more character attention than her during that parade. All of the characters on the floats waved at her, Snow White came over and had a quick "chat" with her, one of the butterflies came over and told her how cute she was. It was amazing!

We actually chalked it up as one of our most favorite "Disney" moments because it felt like, because no one was around, that the parade was all for us.

VERY SPECIAL!:thumbsup:

the other micki
02-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks, everyone! I have a 6:45 ADR at Ohana that I am sooo looking forward to, but I also hope to be able to catch Spectromagic that night. If we got back into MK by around 8:30, would the train be running to bring us to Frontierland?

alilprincessmom99
02-16-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't think I have ever been during that time of year, so I can't say for sure. But it seems to me if you want to get a seat close to the entrance, you may want to start as much as an hour ahead of time. If you don't plan on rushing out with the rest of the crowd, you could always catch it further back in the park and maybe you wouldnt have to grab a spot so early.

DakandZakMom
02-16-2009, 09:41 AM
I always get there at least an hour before. Another good place to watch is in LIberty Square by the bell. That is where we always watch it from.:thumbsup:

:mickey:

the other micki
02-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks for all of the input! I wish I could get there an hour early, but I'm doubtful that I'd be back at MK by 8 pm with a 6:45 ADR at Ohana. I wanted an earlier ADR, but that's the earliest they had, and I'm just glad to have that! I don't want to rush the Ohana experience...we'll just see how it all works out.

Thanks again, everyone!

goofy78
02-16-2009, 05:06 PM
We love watching Spectromagic from the benches outside of Pecos Bill's and Prairie Outpost (General Store) in Frontierland. They're slightly elevated from the street, so even if someone stands in front of you, there's still a good view. We usually grab a snack and drink from Pecos Bill's about 30 min prior to the parade and enjoy!

Note: if the parade starts at the front of the park, it can take a while to make it's way to Frontierland, so you don't need to be there TOO early :thumbsup:

i agree, i have seen it from pecos bill's and it is a great location to watch from, and grab a bite! (i eat there every trip!)

Thanks for all of the input! I wish I could get there an hour early, but I'm doubtful that I'd be back at MK by 8 pm with a 6:45 ADR at Ohana. I wanted an earlier ADR, but that's the earliest they had, and I'm just glad to have that! I don't want to rush the Ohana experience...we'll just see how it all works out.

Thanks again, everyone!

i would definitely not rush the dinner. can you see spectromagic another night? if not, you just might not have the best seat but you should make it over there before it starts if it is at 9 o'clock.

phillydan
02-17-2009, 11:04 AM
We always watch it from Liberty Square - right in front of the Hall of Presidents. Get there at least 45 minutes before (the cast members start setting up the ropes and every spot gets filled immediately). This is a favorite spot because, as the parade comes over the bridge the road gets wider and the characters tend to fan out to the crowd once over the bridge.