PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day

tinktude
02-13-2009, 08:13 PM
I thought that Friday the 13th was going to be a good day today, since it is my daughter's 8th birthday. I thought wrong.

I got a phone call at work today from the school where my DS and DD attend, saying that they think my DS broke his wrist. So I leave work early and go pick him up.

So off to the urgent care center to get a ruling, and yup it's broken. Two possibly three places, with one of the fractures being on the growth plate. So now we have to go see an orthopod before he can have is casted.

It probably would be as big of a deal if it wasn't close to the start of baseball season, and he didn't play the drums, but he is out of comission for about eight weeks.

The positive is that he is being very grown up about the whole thing. He didn't cry not once even when the doctor was moving and pressing on his wrist. I am very proud of the way he handled himself.

So if you could send a little pixie dust his way it would be appreciated.

Beast_fanatic
02-13-2009, 08:32 PM
:pixie: to your son!

And, :birthday: to your daughter!

RedSoxFan
02-13-2009, 09:05 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: for your son.

:birthday:to your daughter.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-13-2009, 10:49 PM
:birthday: To your daughter and
:pixie: for your son truly hoping that it isn't on a growth plate.

DixieBelle
02-14-2009, 12:45 AM
I hope that your son is feeling better very soon!
:pixie:... :pixie:... :pixie:
Happy Birthday to your daughter, I hope your she enjoyed her day!...:princess:...:party:

merlinmagic4
02-14-2009, 07:17 AM
:pixie: for your brave son. I hope the weeks fly by.

:birthday: to you daughter!

jpH/keD
02-14-2009, 10:17 AM
The good news here is that bones heal! Sending :pixie: for your son!!

And :party::cheer: Birthday cheers for your daughter!

Tinkermom
02-14-2009, 01:16 PM
My DS broke his wrist on the growth plate a few years ago. He was skateboarding - had a helmet on thank goodness! All healed well! :thumbsup:

:pixie: for healing for your son.

DisneyDog
02-17-2009, 12:08 PM
So sorry to hear about that! Perhaps once the cast comes off, getting right back to the drums will help make his wrist stronger? My DH is a drummer and he has the strongest hands ever because of it.

tinktude
02-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Well, we went to the orthopedist yesterday, and it is not as bad as originally diagnosed.:D
He has one fracture(not on the growth plate), it is pretty stable so it looks like just a cast for 4 weeks. The doctor said he was 5th or 6th boy in for the same type of fracture in the last few days.

He will be in pretty good shape for baseball season and back to the drums in no time!!!

crazypoohbear
02-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Glad to hear that it wasn't the growth plate. That can be a killer to heal properly.
Hope he has a great baseball season. My DS broke his wrist a couple years ago before baseball season and you would have thought the world had come to an end. He healed but he was timid at bat for a while, he was afraid of reinjuring the bone.

tinktude
02-27-2009, 07:49 AM
OK, so as if this month wasn't bad enough with my DS breaking his arm, but my DD just broke the same arm in the same place as my DS!!!!!

Jeez when it rains it pours!!!!

tinktude
02-28-2009, 04:11 PM
bump

tinktude
03-03-2009, 08:26 PM
OK,
So If you remember back on Feb 13th my DS11 broke his arm at school. I kid you not less than two weeks later my DD8 breaks her arm at a school sponsored skate night!!! :jaw:

Get this.....the same arm, the same bone, the exact same fracture in the exact same place!! If you laid the X-rays one on top of the other you would think you were looking at the same picture!!!

What are the odds?!?!?!?!?

I am sure that if there were not 50 witnesses each time they got hurt, the division of family services would have been called on me!!

faline
03-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Goodness! You must certainly be one busy mom (taking care of those giant boo-boos!) at the moment!