PDA

View Full Version : Really sad day today

DisneyDog
02-13-2009, 04:07 PM
First, I woke up remembering that this would have been my grandmother's birthday. She's been gone for almost two years.

Got to work to find out that my co-worker's son was killed in Afghanistan. He had only been over there for a few weeks. They were woken up with soldiers at the door at 6am this morning to brake the news. Everyone at work was crying.

Then, not even two hours later, I was in a meeting with a sales rep. She had been driven here by her DH. 1/2 way through the meeting, he knocks on the office door to tell her that her co-worker had been killed in the plane crash in Buffalo.

TGIF, because I couldn't take another day this week.

vicster
02-13-2009, 04:30 PM
How sad...Friday the 13th.

Dsnygirl
02-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Wow, I am so sorry you had such an awful day today!! I can't even imagine the alternate universe you felt like you were living in as each thing happened. I hope you have a very relaxing evening & weekend planned... you certainly deserve it. And I'm sorry that today commemorates your loss... God bless you as you remember you grandmother and what she meant to you.

RedSoxFan
02-13-2009, 05:02 PM
:(

betteratmk
02-13-2009, 05:45 PM
:( The crash occured last night in Buffalo at about 10:20. Clarence Center is a lovely place about 45 min, from our house. We were all shocked and saddened. The weather here was terrible yesterday, we had snow, rain, ice and 50 -70 mile/hour winds. We leave in two weeks for Disney and I'm afraid to get on the plane.

gueli
02-14-2009, 05:35 AM
:( The crash occured last night in Buffalo at about 10:20. Clarence Center is a lovely place about 45 min, from our house. We were all shocked and saddened. The weather here was terrible yesterday, we had snow, rain, ice and 50 -70 mile/hour winds. We leave in two weeks for Disney and I'm afraid to get on the plane.

Dont be afraid. Only when its your time.
Weather conditions like that, would make me think of cancelling. On top of that- Buffalo is probably one of the best places to take off in the snow from...

and Disney Dog- I hope it gets better.
My Condolances to your co-workers family. And my thanks for their son being strong enough and brave enough to be there in the first place.
Sadness for those who perished in that plane crash.

vizsla
02-14-2009, 06:36 AM
:(

merlinmagic4
02-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Wow - not a good day. I"m sorry :(

mrsgaribaldi
02-15-2009, 05:55 AM
How awful :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

DixieBelle
02-15-2009, 09:05 AM
I hope the last few days have been better for you.
Pixie Dust for all of those who are feeling the loss of a loved one.
:pixie:

MicMouse
02-15-2009, 09:24 AM
My heart goes out to you and to everyone affected by tragedy last week.

You know you can always come to Intercot to get smiles and pixie dust:mickey:

beksy
02-15-2009, 10:59 AM
I hope things are going better! :hug: :pixie::pixie::pixie: :tink: