PDA

View Full Version : Sushi

Yvette
02-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Does the bar in Japan still serve sushi? Is it good?

goofy78
02-13-2009, 03:25 PM
i don't know of this bar you speak of but if they do serve sushi there and it is anything like teppanyaki (teppan edo) used to serve then you are in for a real treat!

SBETigg
02-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Tokyo Dining in the Japan pavilion does serve sushi, and I've read great reviews. California Grill also has incredible sushi.

PetefromRI
02-13-2009, 09:19 PM
The Matso No Ma lounge no longer exists,it is now Tokyo Dining and the sushi is very,very good.Try the Volcano Roll!

Yvette
02-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the responses. I couldn't find any mention of the bar and it was driving me crazy! It was a nice place to relax and watch the fireworks.

At least I'm not losing my mind!!:secret: I'll make sure to get ADR's for Tokyo Dining.

Thanks guys!

goofy78
02-14-2009, 03:41 AM
Tokyo Dining in the Japan pavilion does serve sushi, and I've read great reviews. California Grill also has incredible sushi.

i have also had it at CG and it is excellent there as well. :number1:

mdricks
02-14-2009, 08:49 AM
I ate there last month. they added a number of items to the menu so it is much more the traditional sushi bar. Prices were reasonable and the fish was fresh and tasty. They added a couple of good saki's as well. yum

:number1:

Crow
02-14-2009, 06:30 PM
ate at TD twice last trip it was so good, sushi, sake & service
its a def in April
CG also has excellent sushi

goofy78
02-15-2009, 02:38 AM
now i am craving some sushi! i want to go to epcot right now and get some spicy tuna roll :number1:

Yvette
02-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Actually I'm not the sushi fan, my daughter is....I was just looking forward to a Sapporo! :secret:

Thanks again guys, it was driving me nuts that I couldn't find anything on the bar.

beksy
02-15-2009, 06:15 PM
I've never actually tried sushi and wouldn't even begin to know what to order, how to eat it, how much to order, etc. It might be something to give a try.

AuntLaura
02-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Personally, I enjoy the maki rolls. They have the seaweed wrapper and don't fall apart. I don't eat raw fish, so I get "vegetarian" like the kappa (cucumber) maki or something with cooked food, like the California roll. Usually it is 8 pieces which can be quite filling - more than enough for an appetizer. They give you a small dish to put soy sauce in, so pour some in. I always add a LITTLE of the green horseradish to it, to spice it up. With your chopsticks, grasp a piece, dunk the bottom into the soy sauce mixture, let a little soak in, put a small piece of the pink pickled ginger on it and then pop the whole thing in your mouth. Delicious! Ask them to help you pick something out. I'm sure they would be happy to help you.

SandmanGStefani24
02-15-2009, 09:58 PM
tokyo dining is outstanding!!:number1:

The sushi is perfect. I had the sampler the trip before, and this time I had ebi (shrimp) and salmon. Both were excellent, just like the service and ambience. This place is a must for me each visit!

MelanieMoeller
02-22-2009, 11:39 AM
I love sushi and thought about eating at Tokyo Dining. Can you watch Illuminations from the restaurant? If so, I could probably talk my husband and daughter into eating here - because the menu doesn't really appeal to them.

Crow
02-22-2009, 01:23 PM
yes you can see Illuminations thru the big window. or you can walk outside on the balcony area.
sushi & sake are great there. Im taking the nephews, who arent fish fans as they dont have it. so i have to find something for them there.
go for it!