PDA

View Full Version : TSM - Motion Sickness?

TheVBs
02-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone who gets motion sickness has been on this ride? One book noted that it might not be a good idea to go on it if you're prone to it, and our girls are definitely prone to it. Any feedback would be greatly appriciated!:mickey:

starrmomof2
02-13-2009, 01:51 PM
I am very prone to motion sickness, no riding in back seats of cars, will not ride the Tea Cups, etc. That being said, riding TSM last fall didn't bother me at all. The only motion other than riding along the tracks was a half turn to face the 'games' you play, then turning you back to the track. There was no spinning motion.

Jeff
02-13-2009, 01:51 PM
I get motion sick easy and often. This attraction was no problem. Sometimes the corners, as you go from one shooting screen to the other, are abrupt but I just close my eyes.

The "shooting" at the targets is all done while your cart is stationary so there is no "3D effect" while the cart is moving. When the shooting is done and you get ready to move to the next target room I just close my eyes.

It is nothing like a 3D motion simulator ride. :thumbsup:

TheVBs
02-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Thank you both! I really appreciate the input. Nothing's worse than having someone get sick on a ride. I really wanted to be able to try it, but only if I felt sure they'd be ok. Thank you!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-13-2009, 01:56 PM
My mom's also prone to motion sickness and did fine on it.

TheVBs
02-13-2009, 01:59 PM
That's awesome! Thanks!:mickey: Now I guess the only challenge will be getting a fastpass and/or avoiding a long wait.

Mfarquar
02-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Yes, you should have NO problem with motion sickness. My dad gets sick on Pirates (!) and he was fine! :)

disneymom15
02-13-2009, 02:18 PM
My daughters boyfriend gets motion sickness, he had no problems at all. In fact he loved it so much that we rode it 5 times (we all loved it).

TheVBs
02-13-2009, 04:57 PM
This is so great to hear! It looks like such a fantastic ride and I would hate to miss out, just because I wasn't sure.

Thanks everyone!:mickey: