PDA

View Full Version : So, no one here has had trouble getting a GAC recently?

KatGat
02-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Wow. Since I didn't get even 1 reply to my question about non-autistic guests getting GACs, should I assume that no one has had issues? That would be great. Makes me wonder all the same...

Hayden's Dad
02-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Sorry I missed you post. My son was not Autistc but was disabled so we didn't have any issues getting the GAC. What is you child's condition?

Strmchsr
02-13-2009, 01:30 PM
The stories seem varied. I have heard of some folks who have had difficulties and others who seem to have none. I know WDW has gotten more strict with the GAC, but I'm not sure if your husband will have any issues or not. Like you mentioned, they are sometimes asking if you can do a wheelchair or ECV instead of a GAC. I am not sure what determines how they react.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-13-2009, 06:01 PM
My friend, who is a CM and lives locally, has to get hers updated every 2 weeks (more specifically, she tells them she's visiting for two weeks). She has panic and anxiety attacks, and can't stand in long lines and takes medication for it. They won't issue her a 6 month pass anymore.

DawsonAR
02-14-2009, 09:35 AM
I can't say we really had a problem but our last visit was a different experience. My DD(9) is in a wheelchair. She has CP. I have always gone in to get the GAC while she waited just outside to keep her from fussing while in that line. This year, the CM didn't want to give it to me since she wasn't right there and he couldn't see her. I understand that, so, we returned with her and we received the GAC. I didn't have a problem with that, it was just different than we had experienced in the past. I don't know if it was a change in policy or just the individual CM.

Hayden's Dad
02-17-2009, 12:57 PM
This year, the CM didn't want to give it to me since she wasn't right there and he couldn't see her. I understand that, so, we returned with her and we received the GAC.

I know you said you didn't have a problem with it, and I wouldn't either, but that makes more sense for them to do. Otherwise anyone can just come up to them and say I need a GAC for such and such. I like that they are doing that now.