PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree characters?

Greenlawler
02-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Anyone heard anything about Liberty Tree bringing back the characters?
We were there in January and several of the CM's there told us business was slow ever since they eliminated them. "They" including a manager were hopingthe characters would comeback soon.
I know many are glad there gone, but not us. It was by far my favorite character meal.

LauraleeH
02-13-2009, 12:49 AM
I think they will end up bringing the characters back or closing (I hope not!). Have the prices gone down at all? I would hope it would be cheaper now...but I doubt it.

DizneyRox
02-13-2009, 07:11 AM
No characters, same prices...

Less = More

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-13-2009, 08:37 AM
This will be our first Disney trip without a meal at LTT :( DD refused to go back without the characters :minnie2::goofy2::pluto::chip::dale:

tink179
02-13-2009, 10:08 AM
They didn't look like they were slow in business when we were there in January. In fact when we checked in for our ADR there were people trying do walk ups and were told that they were full for the rest of the night. We had never been there with the characters, but my family and I loved the food and would go back there again.

afowl1017
02-13-2009, 10:16 AM
I was sad to hear that they no longer had the character dinner at LTT. I used to cook during the dinner service and it was the highlight of the night for me to see the characters come through the kitchen. It was as close as I got to seeing people experience the "Magic"! I hope they bring them back.

DDuck66
02-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Anyone heard anything about Liberty Tree bringing back the characters?
We were there in January and several of the CM's there told us business was slow ever since they eliminated them. "They" including a manager were hopingthe characters would comeback soon.
I know many are glad there gone, but not us. It was by far my favorite character meal.

:ditto: If they had the characters, I would be having my B-day dinner there instead of at Prime Time. I will be the first in line if they ever bring them back, but until then I will not be eating there.

TheRustyScupper
02-13-2009, 02:33 PM
The characters at LTT are now Virtual Characters.

DDuck66
02-13-2009, 02:37 PM
The characters at LTT are now Virtual Characters. Can I pay with virtual money???

yjgirl32
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM
This was my favorite character dining experience. The characters were so nice with my ds3. I really really hope they bring them back.

jwildflower1981
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM
This will be our first Disney trip without a meal at LTT :( DD refused to go back without the characters :minnie2::goofy2::pluto::chip::dale:

:ditto:

joanna71985
02-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I really miss the characters at LTT. :(

TheRustyScupper
02-14-2009, 03:20 AM
Can I pay with virtual money???

Only if you want jail bars instead of Mickey Bars.

Camping Mom
02-15-2009, 07:23 PM
We were there in January and lunch was fairly busy. We had a 1:00 reservation but got there early and they had an opening to get us in. I never had the opportunity to eat at LTT with the characters but I loved the outfits.

It seemed to me that the food was a bit higher than when we were there before. I remember a year ago the pot roast and mashed potatoes was 13.99 and this time it was 17.99. My husband and I usually split one. It is one of the few meals we agree on.

DisneyDoug2
02-17-2009, 10:36 AM
We ate there the last week of January and the place was empty. I would estimate that maybe it was at 50% capacity. The CMs were standing around talking and the service was very quick. This is one of our favorites in the MK and were shock at how deserted it was, even with ADRs in prior years you always had a wait.

Luv Eeyore
02-17-2009, 11:56 AM
I hope they bring the characters back. We're going for lunch in April, but I doubt I'll book dinner there unles they bring the characters back. I'll eat dinner at Garden Grill in Epcot instead.

MirandaC
02-18-2009, 12:10 PM
The characters at LTT are now Virtual Characters.

what does this mean? i was just on the official disney celebration destination site. one of the offerings was LTT character meal w/ the 90 day out ADR. then, when i went to just the dining/characters area, it didn't mention it being a character meal anymore. can you please give more info on this? Thank you:thumbsup:

joanna71985
02-18-2009, 02:54 PM
what does this mean? i was just on the official disney celebration destination site. one of the offerings was LTT character meal w/ the 90 day out ADR. then, when i went to just the dining/characters area, it didn't mention it being a character meal anymore. can you please give more info on this? Thank you:thumbsup:

LTT no longer offers a character meal during dinner. The characters left Jan 4th. :(

luvmyboys4ever
02-18-2009, 03:08 PM
This was our favorite meal. The characters seemed to stay longer and interact more than any other meal. Sometimes, they can around twice! I hope they bring it back. Maybe we should start a petition :thumbsup:

jetsdc
02-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Since the characters left, is the dinner menu the same? Is it still served family style for a fixed price?

DizneyRox
02-19-2009, 07:00 AM
Maybe we should start a petition :thumbsup:
I'm sure with a little searching, someone already took the time to set one up, not that it will do any good, like the Horizons one, or the JIYI, or the Mr. Toads, etc...

TheRustyScupper
02-19-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm sure with a little searching, someone already took the time to set one up, not that it will do any good, like the Horizons one, or the JIYI, or the Mr. Toads, etc...

. . . or the PI one, or the CoP one, or . . .

Once a WDW decision is made, it is seldom reversed.

DisneyDoug2
02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
The charactors have left :down:, its still family style and the price remained the same:(.