PDA

View Full Version : Down Syndrome

Greenlawler
02-12-2009, 11:55 PM
I have a precious little boy with "downs". Is there any special days, events or perks for these great kids?

Strmchsr
02-13-2009, 07:43 AM
I don't know of any special days or events, but I do know CMs take extra time with "special" kids.

Tippy
02-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi my oldest DD has down syndrome. You can go to guest relations at the park and receive a pass for your child to not have to wait in line. Also if you have a stroller they can give you a wheel chair pass. This is what we have done 2 times since our daughter who is now 8 does not understand the line waiting and gets upset with too many people around her in line. Getting the guest assistant pass has made our past trips a joy. Otherwise all cast members are very nice to her and seem to understand that she needs a bit more time. - Tippy

Greenlawler
02-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Thanks guys, good info to know. Our little boy is only 2 but he will be taking his second trip this Fall. I amnot sure we will ask for the GAC since he is still stroller bound but good info for the future!

gmgdisneymom
02-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I have noticed thst the CM's take extra care as well - go to the front office at the parks and they will give you all info - I believe that there is also a book you can buy that gives you special tips - i have seen it in the stores