PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations

wdwnutz
02-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know when all the Christmas decorations are up? Also at the same time, are all the holiday shows, parties and up and running?

jwildflower1981
02-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I was told the decorations come on around Thanksgiving. I sure hope thats the right information I was going, we're planing to go Nov 28!!!!!!

Strmchsr
02-13-2009, 03:47 PM
The Christmas Decorations begin going up in early November. The last couple of years the MVMCP began early to mid-November so MK was finished quickly. However, Osborne Lights was moved to early Nov as well, but this past year was put back to opening after Thanksgiving. So, things are very sporadic in terms of being up before Thanksgiving but almost all the shows and decorations are up and going by the weekend following Thanksgiving.

crazygoalie39
02-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Does anybody know when they come down?

Strmchsr
02-13-2009, 05:17 PM
They start coming down the week after New Year's. I was there this week Jan 3-9. Decorations started coming down on the first day I was there. Some stuff was up all week, but noticed more and more disappearing each day. Osborne Lights shut off Jan 4.

spoiledraf
02-14-2009, 07:50 AM
What is Osborne Lights?

ThanxForNoticin
02-14-2009, 09:44 AM
The Osbourne Lights is a spectacular display of lights they put up at the Disney Studios. I'm sure there are specific details about the lights here in Intercot. It's a pretty amazing sight with somewhere around 3 million lights. They were started by the Osbournes at their home, but when the display got to be too big, they moved it all to Disney. I think it's been at the Studios for 5 or 6 Christmas seasons now. We were fortunate enough to see them this year on their very last night - Jan 4 - definitely something to see.

Strmchsr
02-14-2009, 02:36 PM
The Osbourne Lights is a spectacular display of lights they put up at the Disney Studios. I'm sure there are specific details about the lights here in Intercot.

Yep. Right here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/osbornelights/default.asp) in Info Central.

spoiledraf
02-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Those pics are great. I can only imagine how spectacular it is to see. Unfortunately, my job, UPS, keeps me tied up til Christmas and my kids come home for Christmas week so we can't go then. And I really don't want to pay top dollar and deal with those crowds anyway. But retirement is on the horizon and we do plan to make a trip down in mid December In a couple years. I hope they don't do away with this attraction in cut backs before we see it.

anewvision
02-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Some never come down. The ones that do start going up in september not november. They start lighting them for the public in mid november. It would be hard to get up 12 million lights up in 2 weeks.