PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney Dining. Help me choose.

PrincessASquared
02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
My family, (wife, daughter 7, and myself) are looking to do lunch in DTD on our upcoming trip. We have heard nice things about Portobella's and Fultons Crab House. We will be paying out of pocket. Please help us decide. Which one would you choose and why?

ThanxForNoticin
02-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Between Portobello and Fulton's, we would probably choose Portobello - we really enjoy the food and service there. Fulton's is also good, but more expensive. You might also consider Wolfgang Puck, T-Rex, and Rainforest Cafe.

Don't forget to check your VC discounts (I noticed you are a member). Some of the restaurants offer discounts for lunch. Enjoy, wherever you end up eating!

DDuck66
02-13-2009, 02:27 PM
It really depends on what you are looking for. We love all of the Wolfgang Pucks and have recently tried the T-rex and found it very good and not as pricey as I had feared.

stitchaholic
02-15-2009, 06:08 AM
i would eat at WP every day!

KatMark
02-15-2009, 02:59 PM
We've never done Portabellos, but we usually do Fulton's every other year for dinner (because of the expense). It is one of our favorite Disney restaurants.

AmandaChan
02-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Oh geez, don't get me started on Portobello Yacht Club. The worst meal we have ever had in Disney, hands DOWN. The service was bad, the menu was bad, the food was bad. Reading online reviews has only confirmed our experience to be universal. We have had some good meals at Fulton's but it is much more pricey. The service there is always excellent. However your daughter might enjoy "italian" food more than .. say, crab legs or seafood?? You might have a better experience than we did!

DisneyFr33k
02-15-2009, 03:45 PM
I would do Wolfgang Puck Cafe - it was the BEST food at DD. :thumbsup:

AuntLaura
02-15-2009, 08:32 PM
If you aren't looking for anything fancy, we are hooked on the Earl of Sandwich. We find ourselves going there several times each trip, because we enjoy so many things on the menu. Plus, the price is right. Even when it is extremely busy, the line moves right along.

Seasonscraps
02-16-2009, 12:58 AM
Of the two you listed, I would pick Portabellos. I have only been there a couple of times but enjoyed it immensely.

I would also recommend House of Blues - everything we had was delcious and we received some of the best service on all of Disney property there.

nicjohn3
02-17-2009, 01:42 PM
I havent had either of your choices, but I would recommend=Wolf Gang Puck. Menu is huge and I feel you get your moneys worth in portion size!!

PetefromRI
02-17-2009, 04:15 PM
I may be wrong but I thought that Portobella's was closed down this year and replaced with another restaurant.We always love Fultons and they have an awesome Seafood Cobb Salad at lunch.AuntLaura is right though,the Earl of Sandwich is a great lunch spot.

ThanxForNoticin
02-18-2009, 12:15 PM
I may be wrong but I thought that Portobella's was closed down this year and replaced with another restaurant.We always love Fultons and they have an awesome Seafood Cobb Salad at lunch.AuntLaura is right though,the Earl of Sandwich is a great lunch spot.

Portobella was refurbished and they adjusted the menu just a bit - not too much of a change. They also seem to have changed the name from Portobella Yacht Club to just Portobella's. Still a very good place to eat!

PetefromRI
02-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks Thanx.:thumbsup:I'm always learning something new here.

Darbylew
02-18-2009, 07:16 PM
I would pick Wolf Gang Puck. We also really
enjoy Wolf Gang Puck's Express. The food is
great and it doesn't cost as much. We go to
the Express everytime we are at DISNEY. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
32 DAYS. BUT WHO IS COUNTING? MUST BE
ME!:D

Duchess99
02-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Another vote for Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch for a good,quick, inexpensive meal.

But my fav in DTD is Raglan Road. The food is great and the entertainment is fantastic!

MistressGracey999
02-19-2009, 11:27 PM
For an inexpensive, but special meal, I would recommend the Earl of Sandwich for lunch, followed by a trip over to the Goofy sweets shop for a very delicious Disney treat! My kids LOVE doing this, and it costs about half the price of a sit-down meal.

My kids also enjoyed the Rainforest Cafe for a lunch that's a "notch up" from Earl of Sandwich. The atmosphere is wild! Also, now open is the T-Rex, from the same parent company as the Rainforest Cafe, I believe. Have not tried that yet, but we will in Demember!

Three places to avoid in DTD...House of Blues, (bad shrimp!), Cooks of Dublin (greasy, tasteless fish), and Planet Hollywood (rude staff, place smells moldy).

Out of the Porto or Fultons only, I'd choose Fultons.

hughdoc
02-20-2009, 06:33 AM
My Wife and I go to Fulton's every year for our anniversary.Pricey but the service and food have always been worth it.

disneychick62
02-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Theres not that many good places to eat at Disney.....But we tried Ragland Road and we thought it was good and the entertainment was good too....:thumbsup:

JSparrow
02-20-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm going in May and we've already made reservations for the new T-Rex Restaurant.

Bethis26fan
02-20-2009, 08:24 AM
If you aren't looking for anything fancy, we are hooked on the Earl of Sandwich. We find ourselves going there several times each trip, because we enjoy so many things on the menu. Plus, the price is right. Even when it is extremely busy, the line moves right along.

I agree.

Figment78
02-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Portobella was refurbished and they adjusted the menu just a bit - not too much of a change. They also seem to have changed the name from Portobella Yacht Club to just Portobella's. Still a very good place to eat!

This is good to know! When I saw this post I was confused b/c I thought Portobella YC was closed for good.

I choose Portobella's (have never been to Fulton's) - I had a FABULOUS dinner there in 07!

CaptSmee
02-20-2009, 11:24 PM
My 1st question is, have you narrowed your decision down to these 2 restaurants? As many posters have pointed out there are lots of great meal choices at DTD. If it's between these 2, i've never eaten at Portobella's but did enjoy Fultons very much so for lunch 1 time. I love seafood and also wanted to eat there for nostalgic reasons. That boat had been there prior to any of the other developement around it and was always a high end seafood restaurant since it's inception (i've seen photogs of it docked in the same location with nothing but trees & wilderness all around it!). Also, it was originally named the Lilly Belle after Walt's beloved wife and was later changed to Fultons after the seaport in NYC to give it a theme when DTD was developed.