PDA

View Full Version : Teacher discounts?

lawgirl
02-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Is anyone familiar with any teaching discounts? I just accepted a position as a teacher, and was wondering what proof is required, and also what kinda discounts are there.

Thanks!

sassy2000
02-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I know Swan and Dolphin Resorts are offering pretty good room discounts. I don't know what kind of proof they need but the rates are good.

DizneyRox
02-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Teaching Certificate or a paystub from a Board of Ed is usually enough.

Disney doesn't offer teachers any discounts. Swan/Dolphin is your only option I believe.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Yep for the Swan & Dolphin, they almost always have the discount. Sometimes they'll ask for proof and sometimes they might not. I'd have a pay stub or ID or something just in case. Same with the nurses discount.

Fangorn
02-14-2009, 02:55 PM
We've done the teacher discount at the Swan a couple of times now. They told us to bring a pay stub or ID card, but neither time did they actually ask for any documentation.

Steve

DisneyorBust
02-15-2009, 12:03 PM
What type of discount is available for teachers?
It would be a nice perk for those who work in a very difficult profession.

TammiMcMan
02-15-2009, 02:58 PM
What type of discount is available for teachers?It's actually a teacher, nurse, government rate (with proper ID). Looking at value season, the best available/pre-paid internet rate is $208 per night for a standard room. That same room is $129 with the discount.

disneyboy98
02-15-2009, 11:19 PM
We have used the teacher's discount at the Swan a few times. During the Easter break it can sometimes make your room about $179 a night, depending on the circumstances. During value season I have seen it drop a room to about $129 a night.

The other posters are right, they may/will ask you for your teaching certificate and/or a pay stub from your present employer.

I have also heard a rumor that you Educational Assistants (Teacher's Aids) and school Janitorial staff can also make use of the discount. Again, I can't confirm that but I have heard and you can call and check.