PDA

View Full Version : Zagat DLR Insider's Guide

tinkwest
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Yesterday I received the new Zagat Disneyland Resort Insider's Guide covering attractions, dining, hotels, and shopping. Leave it to me to, right off the bat, notice something that made me do a double take. Under "Top Food Ratings by Category - Breakfast" the highest listing is Catal in Downtown Disney. Catal? Catal?! To the best of my knowledge they don't even serve breakfast. I certainly have never heard anyone suggest going there for that meal. Either I am missing some hidden gem or they made a boo boo.

I haven't had a chance to do more than glance at this guide but I think my first glance only reinforced the fact that guide books may give some pointers but they are nowhere near as reliable as good old word of mouth.

:rocks:

NotaGeek
02-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Yesterday I received the new Zagat Disneyland Resort Insider's Guide covering attractions, dining, hotels, and shopping. Leave it to me to, right off the bat, notice something that made me do a double take. Under "Top Food Ratings by Category - Breakfast" the highest listing is Catal in Downtown Disney. Catal? Catal?! To the best of my knowledge they don't even serve breakfast. I certainly have never heard anyone suggest going there for that meal. Either I am missing some hidden gem or they made a boo boo.

I haven't had a chance to do more than glance at this guide but I think my first glance only reinforced the fact that guide books may give some pointers but they are nowhere near as reliable as good old word of mouth.

:rocks:

OMG. LOL. Catal/Uva Bar Operating Hours:

CATAL RESTAURANT
Sunday - Thursday, 5:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday, 5:00 - 11:00 p.m.
UVA BAR & CAFE
Sunday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

AWESOME! Just to show you that a HUGE percentage of guide books (and info sites) don't even research their destinations! :nono:

That's from the official site ... but I have NEVER seen UVA Bar open for breakfast in all my years of walking through on the way to DLR!

PhilHarHarMagic
02-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Maybe they thought the 5 was 5 AM. :funny:

Coming from central time, I'd be there when they opened...

Kennywife
02-15-2009, 09:48 AM
:eyes:

Man, that gives us good writers a bad name! I always go to the website of the eatery/attraction I'm writing about to make sure I have all my facts fully researched before writing about it!

Anna