PDA

View Full Version : Photopass sharing?

DisneyBabies
02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Ok, I saw this on another site and wondered what you guys would think about it. I can't decide if it is a great money saver or cheating the system. The plan goes like this:

Person 1 (the leader) posts when they are going and who wants to join with them to share the cost of the photopass. Several people who are going around the same time agree to form a group. They then agree on a price for each person to pay for a copy of the photopass with the pics on it (ie. 4 people in the group = $25 each for a portion of the pre-ordered photopass + 4 for the leader to copy and ship a CD to each of the other 3 people). The group also decides ona the date when the photopass order will be redeemed, so everyone must have their pics uploaded and personalized by that date. When everyone gets back, the leader sets up an account on the photopass site and assigns each of the members of the group a day to upload their photopass cards and personalize their photos. The group then waits for the leader to recieve a photopass CD with all of their pics on it, then the leader copies the pics onto CD's for the other 3 members and ships them out.

On the one hand, I think "That's great, it could really save money on the photopass, and that would help a lot of people who don't get the photopass because it is so expensive." But then I think it could be construed to be cheating AND, you better really trust the leader to do what they say they are going to do and make sure they don't run off with your money (and everyone elses).

What do you guys think? Have any of you done this and if so, how did it turn out?

VAdizneefan
02-12-2009, 12:51 PM
I've seen this on another site too. I think it is complicated and cheating. The Photopass CD isn't that expensive when it comes right down to it.

Just my two cents.

:mickey:

Michigander
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
You know it might be one thing if it were several members in a family sharing the cost, but I would never do this with strangers!

Disney Doll
02-12-2009, 01:21 PM
You know it might be one thing if it were several members in a family sharing the cost, but I would never do this with strangers!

I agree.

DizneyRox
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Without reading the fine print, I would say that this is "legal" but absolutely against the spirit of the program.

It's like one family buying the DVD for your kids school play and then copying for every one else in the class. Very low class behavior...

tinksmom02
02-14-2009, 10:06 PM
I think that while it may not be illegal, it's certainly unethical to make copies of the CD like that. And I don't know that I would trust "someone else" to be in charge of my pictures.