PDA

View Full Version : 99 days to go! which breakfast?

playdead88
02-12-2009, 06:23 AM
woohoo!! im in the double digits :cloud9::cloud9: days to go :mickey:

chef mickeys or ohana breakfast?? my dd8 has done CRT for the past 3 years so we want to try something different - we are CS people and only do 1 character bfast the week we are there so which one is better? keep in mind our ds15 loves to eat

KylesMom
02-12-2009, 09:18 AM
We prefer the Chef Mickey breakfast experience over the Ohana breakfast. While we like the "Family Style" service that Ohana offers over the buffet at Chef Mickey's, the food selection at Chef Mickey's is by far better. There truly is something for everyone.

We've also had service problems at the Ohana character breakfast (took over an hour to seat us, took forever to get our first serving of food and we spent an additional 30 minutes waiting to get more grapes & waffles for a total dining time of almost 3 hours :( ) While we realize that each restaurant can have an "off" day, this one was just too much. Chef Mickey's breakfast is the only meal we've scheduled for all nine of our trips, and it's on our "must do" list this June! :mickey:

Mom2princesses
02-12-2009, 10:02 AM
We love the 'Ohana breakfast and it is a tradition wth my family. My older daughter (11) just loves Stitch and my little one (4) does too! Mickey, Pluto and Lilo are also there.

The food and service has always been super for us and our waitress even played with Stitch and teased him about coffee! She also told my girls to "watch their food because Stitch likes to take it!" The food consists of eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, Mickey Waffles, pineapple and cinnamin breads as well as fresh fruit. You can ask for as much as you want and we like the fact that it is brought to your table. This way you don't have to worry about missing any of the characters. You can also ask for the pressed pot coffee. I feel it is much more relaxing than a buffet. You can't really compare a buffet to a sit down meal. The buffet of course will have more items due to the fact that it is a buffet so if that is important to you then you should go to CMs. We have plenty of varity at 'Ohana and enjoy it very much.

The character interaction is great as well like I said it has become one of our favorites.

yjgirl32
02-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I really liked Chef Mickeys. I am not a breakfast person- but I really really enjoyed the food.

stitchaholic
02-12-2009, 12:22 PM
I am a stitch lover,and I would have to say i prefered chef mickey's,the selection can't be beat! try the breakfast pizza it's awesome!

Luv Eeyore
02-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Chef Mickey's, definitely. We've never had a great experience at 'Ohana.

Gooftroop5
02-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Never been to Ohana but we love Chef Mickey's breakfast had fun even when it was just 4 adults. This was prekids time frame. We all had more than enough to eat. DH is a healthy eater.

PETE FROM NYC
02-13-2009, 05:13 PM
We have done a few character buffet breakfasts thru the years, and enjoyed them all.
My personal favorite was at Chef Mickeys,only complaint was that it was at a different resort and that cuts down on park time.Hey! what do you think I go to WDW for anyway?
We do Crystal Palace and Donalds Breakfastasaurus each trip.On days we do the Studios,or EPCOT,we eat at the hotel,because those parks don't have decent breakfast.

jonahbear2006
02-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Definitely Ohana. Food is better, view is better, theming of restaurant is better, and I think their service totally dominates that of chef mickey's.