PDA

View Full Version : Picky Eater Dining

crazygoalie39
02-12-2009, 12:12 AM
I need some advice for dinner. Last year we went to Plaza, Mama Melrose's, Tony's, Concourse Steakhouse, Rainforest Cafe, 50's Prime Time, and Beaches and Cream. Those worked out great and we definitely want to go back to Mama Melrose's (and Concourse Steakhouse :()but all the others could be changed. I'm just wondering what else is out there for picky eaters that don't like a lot of other ingredients in their food, just plain-ish. Thanks! :mickey:

GoofyMom09
02-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Rose and Crown has plain food if you are into Fish and Chips and meat and potatoes. Another good choice is Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL. Of course any buffets will have plain food options, Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace are two good ones. I've never been to Garden Grill, but the menu seems friendly. Hope this helps:mickey:

KylesMom
02-12-2009, 09:57 AM
My DH is the "King of Plain" so I understand your quandary. In addition to Mama Melrose, he really enjoys LeCellier (asks for sauces on the side), Ohana (meatfest), Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's breakfast, Sci-Fi Drive In lunch, Crystal Palace lunch and Whispering Canyon dinner. Before we schedule a "new" dining location, I make sure that he's ok with the menu before booking the ADR. :mickey: There are some places I would love to try, but he's just not comfortable with the selections . . .

beksy
02-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon, and Crystal Palace are some that we've found.

crazygoalie39
02-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!!! This really helps alot!:mickey:

jonahbear2006
02-13-2009, 08:39 PM
50s diner sounds perfect for you. It's all the things us americans are used to. The fried chicken and mashed potatos was some of the best I've ever had and top notch milkshakes!! 1900 park fare. They have a lot of both. They have some fancy dishes and then they have the very typical food that americans like to eat. look up some menus and find the ones that appeal to you most. Coral Reef is pretty basic surf and turf. Chef Mickeys is a good place for all american cuisine. I just didnt think that last time was fantastic. A little tip, if you go there. If you skip the picture they will seat you first. Then you get a head start on filling your plates before the buffet gets crowded.

bob6572
02-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Do a buffet, there is always something.

TheRustyScupper
02-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Don't go back to Concourse Steakhouse - it isn't there any more.

crazygoalie39
02-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Don't go back to Concourse Steakhouse - it isn't there any more.

Haha. I know. That's what the :( was for.
:mickey:

TheMartellFamily
02-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Trails end has very american fried chicken and bbq ribs. Soup and salad, and eat shrimp, corn nibblets, very basic food for the picky eater.
LTT in the MK has turkey, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, this is basic american faire.
The last ones I can say is either Chef Mickeys or Captains Grill found at the Yatch Club. Trust me on the Captains Grill this is just regular no frills, good food restaurant.