PDA

View Full Version : Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-11-2009, 11:50 PM
So, I saw the Cast Preview tonight.......

It's like BPB and HSM mixed together with some Carnival and Mardi Gras.

5 New Floats, all hideous and gaudy looking. The parade comes up Main Street, circles the Hub once before stopping in front of the Castle.

The first float is the Emcee Float, featuring Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy in some ugly costumes that look like.....confetti threw up on them. This float stops directly in front of the Castle.

The second float is the Jungle Book float. Not really themed like JB, it's just a giant present box but the characters on it are King Louie and Baloo. The character on the top is Sebastian. This float stops right at the pathway to Fantasyland, just past the Tomorrowland Bridge.

Third float is the Toy Story characters (Woody and Jesse). Again, it's a ugly present shaped box. Lumerie is on the top of this one. It stops right by the popcorn stand just before the Tomorrowland Bridge.

Fourth float is the Incredibles (Mr. Incredible and Frozone) and the Mad Hatter is on top. It stops by the Ice Cream stand to the left of Main Street.

Fifth float is the Chip and Dale float, with Genie on top. It stops by the Adventureland Bridge.

Problems with this parade? Oh, I predict it will be hard. There are stilt walkers, who have to cross the trolley tracks in a lot of those movements, especially at the Main Street spoke of the Hub where the tracks criss-cross. I predict a high potential of falling here because the feet of the stilts might get stuck in a track groove.

They pull guests into the audience to dance to the music after the performers do some HSM-eqsue dances. However, they pull A LOT of people in and these guests are also dancing where the tracks are. I'd expect them to trip over the tracks (they are less aware than the stilt walkers are because the stilts are trained to know they are there).I don't think the average guest will follow along that easily when they need to clear the streets, especially children and these are some big floats.

Costumes in general....oh heavens. Seriously, 1980's called - they want their clothes back. Talk about bad design. I mean the stilts look like they have literally, Pooh on their heads (and I don't mean the bear). The dancers, it's spandex and tacky aloha shirts. Mickey and Minnie....ew. Donald and Goofy just have a hat. Chip and Dale have these ugly purple vests. Genie looks like he did at the end of the movie. Lumerie has ribbons on his neck and arms. Frozone has Mardi Gras Beads. EWWWWWWWWWWW.

Overall, I think it's not that great. Then again, I am completely over this whole celebration this (and it's only February). I'm just glad they didn't attack the castle with all this confetti throw-up everywhere. I don't think I could stand another pink cake incident.

AHOTE
02-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Okay, so tell us how you really feel, :rotfl: :funny: :)

NotaGeek
02-12-2009, 11:55 AM
It's always nice to see CMs supporting Disney's attempt to bring new elements to the Park.

Sorry Jessica, but you seem a little bitter towards your employer, so your bad review of the parade isn't shocking.

I can't wait to see this parade, and to hear some un-biased opinions.

DisneyWhirled
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi Jess,

Thanks for sharing. Just a dumb question, as I think I missed something along the way...this is an additional parade, correct? It is not meant to replace the 3 o'clock parade, right?

LauraleeH
02-12-2009, 01:01 PM
The name is what gets me...:ack:

goofy78
02-12-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm just glad they didn't attack the castle with all this confetti throw-up everywhere. I don't think I could stand another pink cake incident.

yeah i agree, no more pink castles!

chrisb26
02-12-2009, 01:57 PM
I was there last night as well and actually had a great time it was really fun dancing in the street with the characters. I personally dont have a problem with the floats.

I also really liked the new costumes Mickey and Minnie were wearing they were pretty cool.

Now I do see problems with it as I work crowd control for the parade I think it will probably be difficult to get everybody back on the side so the floats can move again.

Overall I really like I think its better then the new Celebrate a Dream Come True parade I like the interactive part of this parade.

Hi Jess,

Thanks for sharing. Just a dumb question, as I think I missed something along the way...this is an additional parade, correct? It is not meant to replace the 3 o'clock parade, right?

You are right it is an additional parade in fact the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate it parade will run three times each day.

ASweetLov
02-12-2009, 02:05 PM
I personally cant wait to see this parade!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-12-2009, 08:23 PM
It's always nice to see CMs supporting Disney's attempt to bring new elements to the Park.

Sorry Jessica, but you seem a little bitter towards your employer, so your bad review of the parade isn't shocking.

I'm not bitter at all, I absolutely love Disney, and I love working there. I don't plan to leave any time soon. I just think it's a stupid parade and I liked Family Fun Day better.

I would like it more if it wasn't Hannah Montana and Corbin Bleu music, giant boxes they're calling floats, HSM dances, 1980's costumes, and looked like confetti threw up all over the place. Literally. The concept is a good idea. However, having half the floats being Pixar chars makes it essentially, another BPB. Which is EXACTLY what this is.

Maybe if they brought Parade of Dreams, I'd be even happier.

thatkindofday
02-12-2009, 08:40 PM
yeah i agree, no more pink castles!

I LOVED the castle when it was a pink birthday cake. That was my first trip and one of my favorite memories. I thought it was awesome.

Greenlawler
02-12-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm not bitter at all, I absolutely love Disney, and I love working there. I don't plan to leave any time soon. I just think it's a stupid parade and I liked Family Fun Day better.

I would like it more if it wasn't Hannah Montana and Corbin Bleu music, giant boxes they're calling floats, HSM dances, 1980's costumes, and looked like confetti threw up all over the place. Literally. The concept is a good idea. However, having half the floats being Pixar chars makes it essentially, another BPB. Which is EXACTLY what this is.

Yes I was hoping for some new characters. I guess Luminere and Sebastian will be possibilities for our collection now. I never have been able to pull off either.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-12-2009, 11:54 PM
I don't think they will do meets though. They are attached to the top of the floats because they come out of the top of the boxes....just like in BPB.

goofy78
02-13-2009, 02:26 AM
I LOVED the castle when it was a pink birthday cake. That was my first trip and one of my favorite memories. I thought it was awesome.

i would never want to stomp on anyone's parade. if it is your first memory of going to WDW then it is something that you will always cherish and remember and i would never want to take that away from you. WDW is all about having fun and making magical memories. i was just saying that i didn't care for it. sorry if my comment offended you. :mickey:

Imagineer1981
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM

Work for Disney for a few years as a humble CM in the parks, you'll know where she is coming from. You think its frustrating being a guest when they Disney makes dumb changes or does stupid things?, try being a CM

CaptSmee
02-13-2009, 06:12 PM

I don't think Jessica is ever bitter in her posts here. In fact, I thought it was quite lame just like BPB is at DHS (Stars & Motorcars was sooooo much better!). Just our opinions, that's all...and I sure don't work for Disney, someday maybe, but not now.

CaptSmee
02-13-2009, 06:14 PM

No way! You'd be happier if they replaced a good parade with a GREAT parade?!? Why would you be?!? :blush:

javamama
02-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Ok ITA at least the castle isn't a cake again, even though that was my dh's first trip:ack:
The new parade sounds interesting to say the least, I'll have to see in April/May, but thanks for the heads up, and I totally don't think you sound bitter Jessica--just honest:D