PDA

View Full Version : wii fit

jrkcr
02-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Are there any wii fit fans on here? We got one for Christmas, and we are using it every day(still). DD9, DH, and I use it for all the exercises, yoga, balance games- Everything!
We are very competitive with our scores in a fun way. I mean, how serious can you be about who's in first place at hula-hooping. :D Especially considering it's an invisible hula hoop....
My imaginary, invisible, hula hoop is pink.

Well, I'm off to wiiiii......

goofy78
02-12-2009, 03:45 AM
we got one as well. we haven't used it much with the fitness game :secret: , however, we have the snowboarding game and that i think is awesome! it is a neat toy. haven't had a gaming system since super nintendo and for christmas we bought the wii, wii fit, and the whole nine. i know the games out there for it are not looked highly upon but i love the system. especially mario kart! :thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
02-12-2009, 04:00 AM
My sister and I have one and it is great fun.
I love the advanced hula hoop which my sister can't get at all. Hours of fun watching her try and then falling off the board:)

Jeniflower
02-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey!
haven't seen you excercising in a while dear

but your right,can't hula hoop to save myself

RedSoxFan
02-12-2009, 07:33 AM
We do not have WiiFit; but DD12 wants it. I've heard lots of fun things about.

TinkerbellT421
02-12-2009, 11:23 AM
DBF bought me the WiiFit for christmas! I absolutely love that thing! Im using it actually to help myself loose some weight. I havent been on it in a few days though. Its been a busy week. So I am slacking on the exercising which isnt good. :( But I absolutely love the wiifit.! And I will tell you what the invisible hula hoop thing makes me break out in a sweat everytime! lol!

jrkcr
02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Not to brag(much), but I did 1857 hula hoop rotations in the 6 minute game this week. Of course, the next day I walked with a limp.

DD9 and I have both lost weight using it. Not alot, but every little bit in the right direction is a good thing! (We're not using it for weight lose for her-she has no weight problems and I tell her not to think much about her weight right now cause when she hits puberty everything changes and she will naturally lose weight.) But for myself and DH, we are in serious need of the "fit" part.

I just wish the price for the wii and the fit were less. My pop-in-law and my mom have both said they would like to have one. Even the sports games would be great to keep them moving muscles that they don't use on a daily basis.

2Epcot
02-12-2009, 12:42 PM
We don't have one yet, but have had a lot of fun with them when we visit friends.

thrillme
02-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Got one for Christmas too. I LOVE it. The "entertainment value" alone watching my DS try to get the hula hoop thing going is worth it. The poor boy's kester wriggles all over the place as the hoop falls to the ground...:D

There's supposed to be a few games but we haven't got those yet. Shawn White's Snowboard, Rabbid Rabbits and one other just pure excercise one.

princessjojo
02-16-2009, 11:24 AM
We got one for Valentine's Day. I haven't been able to use it but once because the boys have had a ball with the yoga poses, snowboarding, & weight training. Funny thing is watching my kids do the aerobics. They have little to no rhythm

jrkcr
02-16-2009, 11:31 AM
My DD9 can't hula hoop at all! I wonder why? She is moving right, but it just falls to the ground. Makes for a very mad 9 year old!!

But she loves the ski jump and snowboarding. You'd think with all the snow here at Lake Tahoe, she'd be out in the real snow...but she hates all the extra clothes and boots for skiing. With the wii, she skies in her barefeet! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
02-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Got this for my bday (dec 3rd). Was all about it at first and unlocked almost everything. Then I hit a bad week and I haven't been on it in about a month. I really need to get back to it. My body felt so much more alive doing the stretches and cardio activities daily.

DixieBelle
02-16-2009, 04:03 PM
But she loves the ski jump and snowboarding. You'd think with all the snow here at Lake Tahoe, she'd be out in the real snow...but she hates all the extra clothes and boots for skiing.:thumbsup:

I think Wii fit would be great for me too. I hate skiing for the same reason. The activity is ok but I can't enjoy because I am cold. :shiver:

conorsmom2000
02-16-2009, 07:13 PM
We have it as well and just love it - I'm all about the stepping while Conor is excellent at the balance games - and the hula hoop!! He puts us all to shame with that! (well, with my back, I don't even try) The running is good too - and, in case anyone doesn't knwo (took us a while to find out), when doing the running, if a dog passes you, run after him (pass your trainer) and you follow the dog onto a different course (keeps things interesting!). There's also one course (Island Lap, I believe) where there are Mario characters hidden - Con loves to look for them! :thumbsup:

d_m_n_n
02-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Got this for my bday (dec 3rd). Was all about it at first and unlocked almost everything. Then I hit a bad week and I haven't been on it in about a month. I really need to get back to it. My body felt so much more alive doing the stretches and cardio activities daily.

Be prepared when you get back on it! I took a couple of weeks off and it was calling me by DS6's name and was being a bit sarcastic! It was hilarious!!! :D

PirateLover
02-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Be prepared when you get back on it! I took a couple of weeks off and it was calling me by DS6's name and was being a bit sarcastic! It was hilarious!!! :D

Oh, I'm dreading it! haha. When I was on it daily, It would question me about other family members who hadn't been on. It made fun of me when I missed about 4 days. Can't imagine what it will say after a month!

My favorite part about the running game is that it places your miis along the way. I download all kinds of weird and funny Miis from the Mii channel. I laugh at loud when I jog past Hulk Hogan or Ozzy Osbourne!

Melanie
02-17-2009, 07:17 AM
WeThe running is good too - and, in case anyone doesn't knwo (took us a while to find out), when doing the running, if a dog passes you, run after him (pass your trainer) and you follow the dog onto a different course (keeps things interesting!).

I didn't know that Jen. Thanks for the heads up!:thumbsup:

One thing I worry about now though, is that my husband told me that it really wasn't good for you to run in place. Anyone else heard this?

IamBelle
02-17-2009, 07:17 AM
We love it! I especially like the yoga and the balance challenges. We compete to see who can get first place in everything, it is a lot of fun!