PDA

View Full Version : DVC event at Woodfield Mall

Terk24
02-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Who is going to the event this year at the Woodfield Mall in Chicago? We will be there Sunday night! I hope the incentives are better then last year to add-on points :D

gwfx1031
02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
We are going Saturday morning. We are recent owners, so we are not ready to add more on, but I am curious to see what the offers are. We are going at the end of March and thought this event would be fun to get the kids excited for the trip, not that they needed any help.

Momof2boys
02-13-2009, 12:25 PM
I would've loved to go, but we have a full weekend that time and the drive is too far to squeeze it in - let me know how it goes.

Thumper03
02-13-2009, 05:08 PM
We're going up Sat. 2/21. We also won't be adding to the BLT points we have. Just checking out the magic. :mickey:

seanyred
02-14-2009, 01:29 PM
We just got our invitation in the mail yesterday (2/13) and I went to register today and all of the sessions are full. We are new members so we weren't going to add on, but would have like to see what it was all about :(

gwfx1031
02-23-2009, 01:02 PM
We went to this event on Saturday 2/22. They held it at the comedy club at the mall. They covered up all the photos of comedians with Disney photos and added little decorator touches here and there. The presentation started with a host "wish granter" and a singing group for a few minutes. The presntation was hoted by 3 cast members and it was interactive with remote controls that everyone had to answer survey questions. They discussed the RCI options, the Adventures options and BLT. Throughout the show they had give aways for everyone with a pass port holder, binoculars, and some sweets. One lucky drawing got a 7 day RCI trip. At the end of the presentation they gave an offer to add points that had a $5 credit for 100 points along with a 3 night cruise and 2 Mary Poppins tickets or a gift card. This was for BLT AKV, and SSR. The deal got better for more points. There was a separate room with sales people to sign up. Once the show was over, they had an area with tons of snacks and a DJ for the kids to dance with Mickey and Minnie. Tink, Genie, and Alladin were also there for pictures.

No surprise that the event was top notch and a lot of fun. Although I initially did not think we would add on, DW liked the deal and we added on for AKV. The kids are stoked about the cruise.