PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom or Boardwalk??

garthbarth1
02-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Hello everyone! DH and I are in the planning stages of our Sept. trip and we are deciding between the Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom? Any suggestions either way? I have always wanted to stay at BWI, but Animal Kingdom seems intriguing as well. We are not very adventerous eaters, so we would probably like the food better at BWI. Any opinions-negative and positive- would really be appreciated!

ThanxForNoticin
02-11-2009, 12:35 PM
When deciding between these two places, you have to ask yourself how much does the location mean to you? If you spend time at EPCOT and DHS, you cannot beat the location of the Boardwalk. Also, the dining options are terrific at the Boardwalk, even if you decide to take a short walk to the Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC, or also the World Showcase restaurants.

That said, AKL is probably our favorite resort at Disney. Not all agree, but we just love to look and 'feel' of the resort - and the animals make it quite unique. And just from personal experience - we also have some picky eaters in our group when we travel - and we never hesitate to eat at Boma. There is enough variety for all at their amazing buffet. Good luck with your decision - have a great time.

Maleficent_vf
02-11-2009, 10:17 PM
I have only heard great things about AKL and have considered staying there, but haven't been able to give up the convenience and general "feel" of the Boardwalk. We haven't eaten at all the restaurants in the Boardwalk area, but have enjoyed those we have eaten at.

CanadianWDWFan
02-12-2009, 07:56 AM
I agree with the location point. If you want to be within walking distance of two parks then BWI is the place to go.

What we don't like about the AKL is its location, it is too far away from the "action" for us. Don't get me wrong we like the look and feel of AKL, but just that we want to be able to walk out our room door and be there already.

sdewan
02-13-2009, 05:15 PM
What we don't like about the AKL is its location, it is too far away from the "action" for us. Don't get me wrong we like the look and feel of AKL, but just that we want to be able to walk out our room door and be there already.

ditto.

You have to take a bus to go anywhere from AKL, whereas with BVI you really only need a bus to get to Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney. However, some people like the feeling of "being away from it all" when staying at AKL.

Disnamic Duo
02-16-2009, 03:49 PM
We've stayed at both, and they're both great resorts. It'd be tough for me to decide which to go back to. We love the theme at AKL. As far as being far away from things, we consider that a plus. We enjoy going back to our resort and "getting away", while never leaving WDW property. That being said, we loved staying at BWI and the convenience to EPCOT, DHS and the activities on the Boardwalk itself. I'd say you can't go wrong either way.

bob6572
02-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Location, Location, Location!!!

Mousemates
02-16-2009, 11:05 PM
I'd compromise and do a split stay...say two nights at the AKl (this would give you enough time to kind of soak in the ambience of the place and enjoy what is surely one of the most unique resorts in north america)...and then for the remainder of the trip move onto the boardwalk for the convenience and fun of that area (the street entertainment at the boardwalk is tremendous fun).