PDA

View Full Version : Customized WDW Park Maps

yourmagicalguide
02-11-2009, 10:08 AM
My DH and I placed an order for the customized WDW park maps through the WDW official website back on January 24th, they were shipped February 5th, and we received them yesterday! :D

Has anyone else ordered these customized maps? They're absolutely wonderful! We couldn't believe that they were FREE after we saw how high quality, colorful, and personalized they were! :woohoo:

I highly recommend this free service to anyone traveling to WDW. And we thought we were excited for our trip before the maps came! ;) What a great service, and the maps definitely make for great souvenirs :thumbsup:

:mickey:

brian2000boston
02-11-2009, 10:22 AM
You are right, they were AWESOME! They were frame quality and we were so happy to get them. We customized them when we returned to reflect what we did on that vacation. Everytime we go we will order one of these as a high quality memory of our trip!!

WDWFanatic
02-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a good project for me to do with my kids during school vacation next week.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-11-2009, 10:41 AM
You can order new ones every six months. So, for scrapbooking purposes, since they come two maps per side....just wait 6 mos. and order another set.

yourmagicalguide
02-11-2009, 10:51 AM
You can order new ones every six months. So, for scrapbooking purposes, since they come two maps per side....just wait 6 mos. and order another set.

Great tip! :thumbsup:

I was just thinking about the fact that the maps are double-sided and how soon I could order more. Thanks for sharing :mickey:

goofy78
02-11-2009, 11:38 AM
what are these maps you speak of? are they different from the park maps in the park brochures?

DixieBelle
02-11-2009, 12:16 PM
We love ours! :thumbsup: :mickey:

DakandZakMom
02-11-2009, 12:37 PM
We love ours. My kids get them out and look at them all the time!!:mickey:

thumperbug
02-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I have mine framed. They are soooo nice. I also order them for my clients as part of my travel service.

yourmagicalguide
02-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I have mine framed. They are soooo nice. I also order them for my clients as part of my travel service.

How kind of you to do that for your clients :D I bet you get awesome reviews :mickey:

TheVBs
02-11-2009, 06:15 PM
what are these maps you speak of? are they different from the park maps in the park brochures?

Yes, they're much more elaborate. Really beautiful! You can order them right from the WDW site.

Daisy'sMom
02-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Hush, don't keep talking about how wonderful they are. If Disney finds out, they will make us pay for them. Seriously, they are great.:mickey:

goofy78
02-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Yes, they're much more elaborate. Really beautiful! You can order them right from the WDW site.

thanks for the response and :welcome: to intercot!

TheVBs
02-11-2009, 08:10 PM

I would love to find a way to put one in my scrapbook. But they're larger than the book and I couldn't bring myself to cut them! Did you put them in folded?

TheVBs
02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome! :cloud9:

They really are great. I can't believe they're free - no shipping costs or anything!

Smuckers is giving away free Disney Celebration Scrapbooks! There's a link to the form on the Mousesavers website. You have to buy 2 Smuckers and/or Jif products to qualify. Are we allowed to post links here?

pixiesmimi
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I did one of the maps the last time we went for our anniversary and was quite pleased with it. It was beautiful. I had planned to order another one 6 months later but forgot about it. I am going to order another one this time for our 40th and will order another one 6 months later this time for our scrapbook or I might frame them. I received an email shortly after making our reservations telling me to be sure and order one.

Disney-Nut
02-11-2009, 10:15 PM
the maps are great, they have been available for about a year and a half. I have ordered a couple of sets already.

alilprincessmom99
02-12-2009, 09:31 AM
I was shocked when I received mine! They are beautiful! They are definately scrapbook and framing quality maps! I seriously could not believe they were free!

wire0monkey
02-12-2009, 10:41 AM
In addition to free maps, Disney and Kellog's has a promotion to get a free disposable camera with a Disney theme (Tinker Bell or Toy Story).

It requires 8 proofs of purchase from cereal or 1 proof of purchase and $7.99.

DizNee143
02-12-2009, 10:43 AM
i also have mine framed and its hanging out in our bathroom...i gotta get news though..the old ones have my maiden name on it..gotta get one with the new last name now..:thumbsup:
they are some pretty awesome maps!!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I would love to find a way to put one in my scrapbook. But they're larger than the book and I couldn't bring myself to cut them! Did you put them in folded?

I put a pocket in the back of my scrapbook with the maps in the back. I get extra maps from the parks from our resort the day we leave and use those for my 12X12 scrapbook....I have no problems cutting and trimming those as my front two pages of each intro to the parks.

AdventurerKim
02-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I love the maps! They are such a great souviner! :mickey:

Sweetpea29488
02-12-2009, 02:06 PM
I just ordered mine today. Looking forward to having a little disney magic showup in my mailbox:cloud9:

dmosher
02-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Disney will not ship these outside of the US, we have tried and even called and though it is not much extra (about 45 cents more I think) they simply said they can not ship them to New Zealand. So for now there is no way DW and I can get our family maps... sad.
:pipes:
D

Stu29573
02-12-2009, 03:31 PM
I have two sets and I just ordered another one. The big difference this time is that it looks like we're actually going this time!!!:mickey:

TheVBs
02-12-2009, 04:47 PM
I put a pocket in the back of my scrapbook with the maps in the back. I get extra maps from the parks from our resort the day we leave and use those for my 12X12 scrapbook....I have no problems cutting and trimming those as my front two pages of each intro to the parks.

Thanks for the tip! I actually have a pocket page from my last Disney scrapbook. I had to take it out because I loaded so many extra pages in the book that nothing else would fit. :blush:

I'm anxious to see what the free Disney Celebration scrapbook kit looks like! :D

Crow
02-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Yep they are nice.
Ive ordered them twice, gave 1 set to sister/nephews as Im taking the nephews on their first trip Easter wk.

CaptainSad
02-15-2009, 10:04 PM
I thought you can order this once a calender year?

pixiesmimi
02-16-2009, 09:04 AM
No, you just have to wait 6 months before ordering another one.

Coccinelle
02-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Do you think i can have the maps delivered to my resort (fort wolderness campground) so i can have them when i arrive (i live in Canada so , no home delivery!) ????? I have been looking at them on the web side for a while, they are really beautiful...and dont come out very well on my printer!!! Thank you!!!

iheartdisney
02-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Any tips out there on how to best "customize" them?

pixiesmimi
02-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I don't know if you can have them sent somewhere else but to customize them, you just go in and choose the rides, etc. that you want on there for each park. You can have everything on them or you can narrow it down to just a few things that you like.

TheVBs
02-17-2009, 02:25 PM
We ordered two sets for our last trip. The first map was customized to show everything we'd hoped to do while we were there. The second, everything we actually did. It was amazing how much longer the to do list was than the did list!

BMan62
02-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Any tips out there on how to best "customize" them?

I don't know about anybody else, but I put one item on each map (Wishes, Illuminations, Fantasmic! and Kilimanjaro Safaris) so as not to junk them up. I just like to look at the layout of the parks without all those numbered dots all over he place. We've been there enough to know what rides/shows/attractions are where, so we can still plot out a trip from these maps.

Nanners
02-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Mine came in the mail today and they are totally awesome. I hadn't told my son about them and he was in awe of them. As it was stated before, this set shows what we hope to do and the next set I order, will have the things we actually did.

Our trip isn't until early June but we are sooooo
excited and I keep making lists after lists of things we want to do or places we want to eat..

shelleyjz
02-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi, I was trying to order our customized map on disneyworld.com, unfornately I couldn't find the "place order' buttom to finalized, can someone please tell me how to get the last step done.

Thanks!