PDA

View Full Version : How is the new Nemo show in AK versus Tarzan Rocks?

wdwdreamer
02-10-2009, 10:03 PM
We haven't been to Disney since they overhauled Tarzan rocks. The last time we were there we litterly melted from the heat and did not enjoy any part of the show. I couldn't image the performers and how hot they were.

I was curious how the new show and theater is since my understanding is it is now AC and indoors?

joanna71985
02-10-2009, 10:10 PM
We haven't been to Disney since they overhauled Tarzan rocks. The last time we were there we litterly melted from the heat and did not enjoy any part of the show. I couldn't image the performers and how hot they were.

I was curious how the new show and theater is since my understanding is it is now AC and indoors?

Yes, the theater is now enclosed.

I definitely prefer Finding Nemo. It is an amazing show!

DakotaDisney
02-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I have not seen Tarzan Rocks, but the Nemo show is nice and cool (indoors) and is an awesome show. I think it is broadway calibur.

Very well done and fun. Good music and good humor. Nice adaptation of the movie.:thumbsup:

Celakip
02-10-2009, 10:59 PM
The theatre is better because it is enclosed and air conditioned. However, we prefer Tarzan Rocks over the Nemo show. The music from Tarzan is much better.:mickey:

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
02-11-2009, 12:04 AM
:( Love the new closed in theater, but sure miss Tarzan Rocks.

jonahbear2006
02-11-2009, 12:13 AM
:) love it love it.. our 18mth old even sat through this show and I still get teary eyed when i hear the song, big blue world.

RobWreck
02-11-2009, 12:45 AM
There's only one word for the new Finding Nemo musical at DAK... WOW! It is such a huge improvement over Tarzan's rollerskating monkeys, and the original songs are really good. Disney knocked a home-run deep into center field with this one. Do NOT miss it! :D
Rob

DizneyRox
02-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Tarzan Rocks vs Nemo the Musical?

It's like night and day... Evil vs Good, Red Sox vs Yankees. Oscar vs Felix, Lavern vs Shirley...

LittleD
02-11-2009, 07:24 AM
My DW and I love the theater. The Nemo show is OK, see it once and you don't need to go again. Both of us enjoyed Tarzan Rocks a lot better. That was always a don't miss for us.
Besides there is too much Nemo in the parks now.
Please create more shows like Tarzan Rocks.

wilcat
02-11-2009, 07:33 AM
I Like the air conditioning but hate the show. Having seen Nemo once I will never see it again. It just doesn't do anything for me. However Tarzan Rocks was a great show that I would see over and over. The music was great for Tarzan but I don't like the songs at Nemo. If they were going to take Tarzan out they could have come up with something better than what they did. Having said that you should really go and see it for yourself as everyone has a different opinion and it maybe something you would like.

dixielandings
02-11-2009, 08:21 AM
I liked the stunts from Tarzan and of course, the music was a lot better - c'mon - Phil Collins. And Nemo was not originally a musical.

However, Nemo is a much higher-calibre show than Tarzan, Broadway-wise. Great effects, story. It also has a broader appeal for most age groups; i.e. - more people have seen this movie than Tarzan. Not fair but true.

It's a great show. Just be aware that the line forms early and it's mostly in direct sunlight. Once inside, you're better off sitting in the 2nd tier (to the right of the main walkway) rather than in the "orchestra". You'll have much better views.

Mousemates
02-11-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure why...but there seem to be far fewer screaming female patrons (actually none) at Nemo. So, from this I must assume that Tarzan was more entertaining.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Pfft, not when Crush comes out. He's so cute.

I prefer Nemo. Tarzan wasn't that great in my opinion, and evidenced by how the Broadway show ended almost as soon as it opened, I think Nemo will be much more successful in the long run. Although I do love the full Broadway Tarzan over Tarzan Rocks.

As for Nemo, it was written by Rpbert Lopez, one of the folks who wrote Avenue Q, so it was adapted for the stage to be a full Broadway Production. Disney, wanted it in the parks instead.

BelleKP
02-11-2009, 12:05 PM
I have to say that I'm thoroughly shocked at the number of people who do NOT enjoy this show! :rub: I was a big fan of Tarzan Rocks . . . more specifically of Phil Collins, but I instantly fell in love with Nemo the Musical the first time I saw it. I'm a huge musical theatre lover and this show is definitely of high callibre. The songs are well written (thanks Jessica for the Avenue Q reference, I didn't know that :thumbsup: ), and the puppetry is on par with broadway's Lion King show which one a Tony award for costuming!
Please go see it for yourself!! It's definitely worth it! :D

goofy78
02-11-2009, 12:05 PM
i haven't seen either show, but i am very interested in seeing nemo next time i go. i know my family would love it!! :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
02-11-2009, 12:25 PM
I have to preface my opinion by saying our kids are a bit older now, so when they were younger Tarzan was bigger. By the time Nemo rolled around, they were older and not as into it. We used to see the Tarzan show regularly and really liked it. We've gone to the Nemo show and just don't really enjoy it that much. I'm sure it's very enjoyable for the younger Nemo crowds and it most definitely belongs at Disney right now, but we would bring back Tarzan in an instant.

brad192
02-11-2009, 12:30 PM
See Nemo more than once. First time, sit in the second tier, as suggested earlier, and enjoy the "wide spectrum" view of the production. It's really an amazing show. Then, see it again, only this time try to get seats down toward the stage and runway. This way, you'll be able to see the actors & puppets up close & personal. It's a totally different perspective & really gives you an appreciation of how hard working & talented the cast is. :thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Erm....I'm 23 and I love the Nemo Musical. And, Tarzan came out in 1999 so I would have been 13. I love the Tarzan movie a whole lot more than the Nemo movie, but I love the puppetry, set design, lighting, and music involved with Nemo Musical a lot more than I did the stunts and sets of Tarzan Rocks.

BMan62
02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Personally, I like them both and am disappointed that they could not have both shows in the park. As many have said, the biggest drawback to Tarzan Rocks! was the outdoor stage and Florida heat and humidity.

DW was mortified when TR! was closed! She adored the acrobatics and inline skating stunts. She likes FN:TM, but misses TR! immensely.

Disney Doll
02-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Diversity makes the world go round. I am surprised by how many loyal TR fans we have because my family never though the TR show was that great. Air conditioning aside, I think the Nemo show is far better. It doesn't have the stunts that TR had, but the story, the set, the puppetry and the costumes, all are better IMHO. We try to catch Nemo every time we visit. I only saw the TR once and once was enough for me on that one.

MrPeetrie
02-11-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm one of the few that really liked Tarzan Rocks. (Wife said, "Once is enough.")

With that said, Nemo Musical is WAY better. I found myself singing lyrics to the songs long after the vacation had ended. (You can find the whole audio program on Subsonic Radio, by the way.) The puppetry is tremendous. The building is enclosed and air conditioned. And Nemo is one of my sentimental favorite Disney movies.

Nemo is the first movie my DD5 let us know she liked. When I was holding her at 7 months, while in Toys R Us, she began kicking madly and pointing, saying "Mo. Mo." We looked around and saw a Nemo poster. The closer we walked to it, the more excited she became. Needless to say, we've seen the movie like a hundred times. And her first birthday party was Nemo themed. So, there's the added tear-jerker reason I prefer this show.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dulcee
02-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Count me in with the surprised crowd...

My family always loved Tarzan Rocks. It was a show we always looked forward to seeing.

cindchan
02-11-2009, 08:43 PM
I saw both. Wasn't terrible impressed with either. But I must say the Nemo seemed to be better than Tarzan. The only part I found enjoyable from Tarzan was the rollerskating monkeys. Nemo was enjoyable to watch. Still, don't care if I see it again.

tjstrike
02-12-2009, 02:39 AM
We like both. Completely different types of shows, both very good. We were lucky enough to sit in the 1st row of the top section right where Dori stands and does her thing about middle of the show, it was awesome !!

PopeCharming
02-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Nemo is, in my judgment, much, much, much better than Tarzan. Tarzan tried to do too many things at once to do any of them particularly well- it couldn't make up its mind whether it was a rock concert, a rollerskating derby, a musical, or a gymnastics show. The show, I believed, suffered for this.

Nemo, in contrast, is more focused, with more creative staging to emulate the underwater environment. As others have mentioned, the air conditioning helped too! Take the time to see it while you are in Animal Kingdom!

Goofster
02-13-2009, 11:23 AM
The Nemo theater, set, costuming and theatrics is far superior to Tarzan Rocks...but I still think Tarzan is better. :thumbsup: Nemo is way overused and seeing a musical version of the movie was just plain boring and it bordered on being too corny. Some of the songs had me squirming in embarassment for the person singing them...they were that stupid.

Once was by far more than enough for me! :D

Imagineer1981
02-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Tarzan was an amazing show, highly under rated. Its tough though to compare the two shows. Nemo, which originally had no music, I think was masterfully done to have great songs that you could see actually being in the movie. If Tarzan was in A/C, it would have done better though. disney should know better then do outdoor theaters in Florida...Indy is the worst...so HOT

IamBelle
02-17-2009, 06:44 AM
I liked TR, but I think Nemo is better. It is so beautiful, the puppetry is fantastic, and I love the songs. For me, It rivals the Beauty and the Beast show for the best broadway style show in WDW!

AXOAlum
02-17-2009, 12:06 PM
We also love the Nemo show - it is amazing, and the songs are fantastic. I much prefer the indoor theatre with AC too :mickey:

GothMickey
02-17-2009, 12:30 PM
I only saw Tarzan Rocks once and didn't like it. However, I love the Nemo show. When I heard of TArzan closing, I was not upset in the least. I was very skeptical, though, of a Nemo musical. To my enjoyment, the musical is very well done. The music is very pleasing.

PlutoPlanet
02-25-2009, 09:24 PM
We like Tarzan better.

Aggie97
02-25-2009, 10:27 PM
We really enjoy the Nemo musical show! Love the creative staging and puppetry, as well as the cute music.

Tarzan Rocks was one of our all-time least favorite WDW attractions.

:mickey: