PDA

View Full Version : What Disney moves aren't represented in the parks and would be great if they were?

wdwdreamer
02-10-2009, 10:00 PM
I was thinking about attraction or show verus character greeting:

1) Rattatouille - France in Epcot
2) Jungle book - Animal Kingdom
3) 101 Dalmations - Disney Hollywood Studios
4) Wall-e - Futureworld Epcot
5) Alice in Wonderland - in MK or Epcot
7) Bambi - Animal Kingdom or MK

Would love others ideas/thoughts?

Celestria
02-10-2009, 11:16 PM
I love the WALL-E idea, but isn't Alice already in the MK with those mad teacups?

goofy78
02-11-2009, 12:14 AM
you have some good ideas there. i could see something with mr. toad...er wait...they already did something with......HEY! bring back mr. toad's wild ride!!!!!!! :D

crazygoalie39
02-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Wall-e would be awesome. Same with Bambi in the MK.

Robin Hood?
Mulan?
Lady and the Tramp?
Rescuers?
Fox and the Hound?
Aristocats?
Hunchback of Notre Dame?
Hercules?

GoofyMom09
02-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I really wish they would do something with 101 Dalmations....DD's favorite!

I know there are some attractions from Monsters Inc, but I always thought it would be cool if there was a thrill ride based on the scene where Boo and Sully are hanging onto the doors as they zoom through the back of the factory trying to get away from the lizard guy.

Mousemates
02-11-2009, 08:23 AM
The Movie: The Ugly Dachsund

The Attraction: Parimutuel Wiener Dog Races at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex

dixielandings
02-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Another opportunity for me to bring up my flying bed ride from Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

A lot of movies are rep'd in the Parks in more subtle ways.

Lady and the Tramp is the feature theme at Tony's Town Square.

Alice, of course, has the teacups, but DL's dark ride/teacups combo totally trumps it.

There do seem to be some films that time and the Parks have forgotten - Oliver and Co., The Black Cauldron, and one I just watched this weekend (for the first time in 30 years!), The Rescuers.

Then there's Song of the South, which is duly rep'd in a huge way in all MK Parks around the world, but most people don't know it. Hm.

MicMouse
02-11-2009, 10:16 AM
What about the National Treasure movies?

buzznwoodysmom
02-11-2009, 10:46 AM
I'd love to see a Jungle Book attraction at AK. That is one of DS's favorite movies.

Dragongirlx
02-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Escape to Witch Mountain and the original version of the Parent Trap. I would love to see something about those in the parks as they were my favorite films when I was young

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I think the only ones that would make good additions at this point would be:

Tarzan (there is nothing at WDW)
Hercules
Hunchback

I'm sorry but a lot of the movies didn't have such great plots or enough memorable events (although still good movies) to make good rides. Bambi? That is far too depressing and the only thing that might work is a walking trail. Boring. 101 Dalmations? Sure, Cruella's Crazy Car Ride might be interesting, but I think it might be a bit....too much. Pinocchio? Maybe some kind of water ride based on Monstro but there are already water rides in 3 of the 4 parks. Black Cauldron is too downplayed and doesn't have a large enough fanbase to constitute the building of a ride. Brother Bear, as much as I love that movie, wouldn't make a good attraction. Lady and the Tramp, the iconic moment was when they kissed at the restaurant and they have that, so there isn't much else for that movie. The Rescuers make a flying albatross but that's kinda overdone since they have Dumbo, and TricaTop. Maybe a cave to explore looking diamonds, but that might be dark and scary. Most of the films that came in the 80's wouldn't come out well, other than Little Mermaid and they are working on an attraction (that looks dumb IMO).

I'd second bringing back Mr. Toad. Jungle Book and Robin Hood have potential but it'd have to be done really well to get the stories to convert easily.

But that's just my opinion.

wire0monkey
02-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Emperor's New Grove and the Incredibles

FLKatie912
02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I'd love to see a Jungle Book attraction at AK. That is one of DS's favorite movies.

They did have a Jungle Book show at AK when the park first opened. Then to be replaced by Tarzan, and now Nemo!

They covered lots of movies there at some point. ;)

AdventurerKim
02-11-2009, 01:26 PM
I would love to see an Incredibles ride or 3D movie! Also, anything with Ratatouille or other Pixar films not represented. :mickey:

oliver&bianca
02-11-2009, 01:46 PM
The Incredibles in Tomorrowland
and

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE the RESCUERS in Adventureland.

elmjimmlm
02-11-2009, 02:25 PM
I would love to see an Incredibles ride or 3D movie! Also, anything with Ratatouille or other Pixar films not represented. :mickey:

What about a Ratatouille restaurant that has the look as the one in the movie...

bwk99
02-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Ratatouille in DHS
Monsters roller coaster in DHS

beksy
02-11-2009, 06:38 PM
I'd like something with Hercules and I think Mary Poppins could be made into a great ride (like something along the lines of Peter Pan or Winnie the Pooh maybe?). Lady and the Tramp is one of my favorites so I would like to see something with it but I think that would be difficult. Mulan is another one that could use some representation.

elmjimmlm
02-11-2009, 07:53 PM
What about a Monsters Inc. ride with all the doors...

ASweetLov
02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
I would love to see something with Wall-e in tomorrowland in MK, and I think a character dining in France with Ratatouille would be great!

TheVBs
02-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Another vote here for WALL*E!

mjaclyn
02-11-2009, 08:22 PM
I wish they would do a Cinderella dark ride and get rid of Snow White. I know it's a classic but it's scary for young kids. I absolutely LOVE Winnie the Pooh and I think MK would also be great with an Alice in Wonderland dark ride like in Disneyland.

Monsters, Inc. could have a great potential roller coaster - think the chase scenes at the factory with all those doors. So cool!

cindchan
02-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Well, I don't know about rides, but I do know that characters would be good!

Hunchback and Emeralda for France
Mulan for China and maybe Asia at AK.
The Incredibles in Adventure or Tomorrowland (maybe in DHS).
The Rescuers in Adventure land.
Lumiere for France would be a neat addition to Beauty and the Beast.

That's all I can think of right now. So many of these have been suggested time and again here. ^_^

Tinkerbelly84
02-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Emperor's New Grove and the Incredibles

I loved the Emperor's New Groove! I can still watch it over and over and still giggle.

tjstrike
02-12-2009, 02:58 AM
I think space mt. could be updated with an "escape to witch mt" theme and country bear jamboree could be updated (definetely needs it) to a brother bear or jungle book theme. Wall-E would have potential, was a great movie !!

crazygoalie39
02-12-2009, 01:15 PM
I think space mt. could be updated with an "escape to witch mt" theme and country bear jamboree could be updated (definetely needs it) to a brother bear or jungle book theme. Wall-E would have potential, was a great movie !!

I like the Country Bear Jamboree idea. I know it's classic but I just get bored with it. Even Disney made fun of it in their own "Goofy Movie". I think updating it with Brother Bear would be great. :mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
02-12-2009, 04:50 PM

I like the Country Bear Jamboree idea. I know it's classic but I just get bored with it. Even Disney made fun of it in their own "Goofy Movie". I think updating it with Brother Bear would be great. :mickey:

Uh-uh, no way, sorry. I agree that CBJ needs an update (it's pretty bad when the mechanical whirring of the animatronics' movements can be heard over the music) but I absolutely adore the show as it is! I would be brokenhearted if they ever changed it very much, especially if they changed it to be based off of Brother Bear! (not that great a movie IMO)

Going to CBJ and hearing "All the Guys That Turn Me On Turn Me Down," "Blood On the Saddle," and "Mama Don't Whoop Little Beauford" is always one of the highlights of my vacation. Sorry, but I'd like Walt's last laugh to stay just as it is, thanks!

As far as other movies that should be better represented... well, I've always thought they should make a lion king rollercoaster based off of the elephant graveyard.. might make a nice addition to AK and it couldnt possibly be any scarier than dinosaur!

Pagan
02-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Roger Rabbit...hands down.

There's so much that could be done with that.

Greenlawler
02-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Roger Rabbit...hands down.

There's so much that could be done with that.

Go to DL:mickey:

Here is my big idea...

I think a dark ride that has a Disney Villain stealing the sword from the stone and robbing Disney Magic. You would then be comisioned by Merlin to chase the villain through the various Disney films he is hidding in.You would ride in either a chariot, a coach, a time machine or a fying carpet. You would ride through scenes from Robin Hood, Tarzan, Meet the Robinsons, Jungle Book, Rescuers, Black Cauldron even Atlantis bvefore caprturing the villain perhaps Bowler Hat Guy. It would take care of a lot of the attractions with little park representation.

beksy
02-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Uh-uh, no way, sorry. I agree that CBJ needs an update (it's pretty bad when the mechanical whirring of the animatronics' movements can be heard over the music) but I absolutely adore the show as it is! I would be brokenhearted if they ever changed it very much,

I agree! CBJ definitely needs a refurb but not any major changes. For me its in the same category as CoP and IASW, a Disney classic.

I think a dark ride that has a Disney Villain stealing the sword from the stone and robbing Disney Magic. You would then be comisioned by Merlin to chase the villain through the various Disney films he is hidding in.You would ride in either a chariot, a coach, a time machine or a fying carpet. You would ride through scenes from Robin Hood, Tarzan, Meet the Robinsons, Jungle Book, Rescuers, Black Cauldron even Atlantis bvefore caprturing the villain perhaps Bowler Hat Guy. It would take care of a lot of the attractions with little park representation.

I love that idea! Somebody call the Imagineers! :mickey:

threeh
02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
I would love to see some Treasure Planet stuff, characters etc. They would all fit so well in Tomorrowland!!!

Celestria
02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Ratatouille in DHS
Monsters roller coaster in DHS

by monsters you do mean monsters inc, right? just checking..

Greenlawler
02-12-2009, 11:29 PM
I was thinking about attraction or show verus character greeting:

1) Rattatouille - France in Epcot
2) Jungle book - Animal Kingdom
3) 101 Dalmations - Disney Hollywood Studios
4) Wall-e - Futureworld Epcot
5) Alice in Wonderland - in MK or Epcot
7) Bambi - Animal Kingdom or MK

Would love others ideas/thoughts?

I realize your not counting character greetings but all of these films have at least some representation in some form. Is there a single item from Home On The Range, Atlantis, Black Cauldron, or Treasure Planet in any of the parks? These are the only "classic flicks" I could not come up with one thing off the top of my head....

MissMaryPoppins
02-12-2009, 11:42 PM
I always thought it would be cool if the carousel in Fantasyland had a Mary Poppins theme.

Greenlawler
02-12-2009, 11:54 PM
I always thought it would be cool if the carousel in Fantasyland had a Mary Poppins theme.

Yes I agree, I have seen her ridding it several times in her white outfit.

handmaidenofprincesses
02-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Go to DL:mickey:

Here is my big idea...

I love that idea! Somebody call the Imagineers! :mickey:

I second that! Greenlawler, that sounds like a lot of fun!!

BMan62
02-13-2009, 08:43 AM

With the current state of 3D technology, I think this could be a possibility. Combine 3D with a smooth motion-simulator and some 4D effects - scents, maybe a little moisture, wind (breezes,) etc. - and you have a winner.

cgriff
02-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Tron.

WDW_Obsessed
02-13-2009, 09:51 AM
I think a Monsters Inc. roller coaster or an Emporer's New Groove roller coaster through Iszla's cave would be cool :mickey:

hardingella
02-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Think this is a Fox film(dont know how that would work)but how about a "Night at the Museum" ride. Lots of things you could do with that.:mickey:

Imagineer1981
02-13-2009, 02:25 PM
why not update Space Mountain to be Wall-E themed? traveling through space and arriving back on Earth?

threeh
02-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Emporer's New Groove roller coaster through Iszla's cave would be cool :mickey:

Now that would be fun!!! Pull the lever Kronk!!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Now that would be fun!!! Pull the lever Kronk!!!

I'm sure both of you meant Yzma.

threeh
02-13-2009, 08:43 PM

Yep, Yzma. Thanks!!!:thumbsup:

Simba's Mom
02-14-2009, 12:28 PM
We're big fans of "Enchanted" and would love to see something from that. I'd love to see Giselle do a meet and greet.

WDW_Obsessed
02-15-2009, 10:35 AM

Yes, thank you! That's what I meant :blush:

LauraleeH
02-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I'd LOVE to have a ride based on the Aristocats. I'm betting since Marie is SO huge over in Japan, they'll eventually have a ride there and if it's popular enough, we'll get one here.