PDA

View Full Version : Yak and Yeti counter service?

Mom2princesses
02-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi everyone,

How is the counter service at Y&Y in AK? I was thinking of trying it. What is included if you are on the dining plan? Entree and dessert?

Thanks!

BMan62
02-10-2009, 06:21 PM
We ate there in January. The food was quite tasty for a quick service and the portion sizes were moderate to large. The DDP counter service credit included an entree, dessert and large drink.

I had the Honey Chicken and Mango Mini Pie and DW had Shrimp Lo Mein and Chocolate Cake. The desserts were pre-packaged. The entrees came in quart sized oriental take-out containers and were about 1/3 to 1/2 filled (on the bottom part of the container) with white rice.

nickv1025
02-10-2009, 07:13 PM
If you need another source, I can confirm everything BMan said.

It was more food than I expected to get for $9. Especially compared to Universal's portions for the same price.

Donald
02-10-2009, 07:15 PM
I loved Yak & Yeti-try the mango tea!

Mom2princesses
02-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks everyone for your great help! Sounds like more than enough food and I can't wait to try it.

goofy78
02-11-2009, 01:38 AM
seen a lot of posts about this yak and yeti and most are pleased with the food. i am going to have to try it next time. then again i still have yet to ride everest too! :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
02-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Love the mango pie.:eat:

AmandaChan
02-11-2009, 12:05 PM
I haven't used the DDP at Yak and Yeti CS but I have GONE THERE and it was very good. Decent portions for the price and tasty food. The only complaint is the complete lack of good shading in the sitting area. Egg rolls are gooood.

Disneypixie513
02-12-2009, 10:07 AM
We tried Y&Y back in December. I was looking forward to trying, and I was let down. The portions were big for the price. But the food wasn't very good. It tasted very greasy and had a "fake" type of flavor. :sick:
Also my Mom and I shared a coke. Three-forths of the drink was ice! Very little liquid in it. I would give it another try, I think. But not any time soon.

Bri
02-17-2009, 12:18 PM
We did Y+Y counter service in December and we loved it! I got the rice and egg rolls and my fiance got something chicken, maybe spicy. As others have said here, the portions were huge, we finished most of our food and took the rice with us to snack on at the bird show. We would def eat there again! It actually made me really want to try the Y+Y table service.

Iluvpooh
02-17-2009, 12:29 PM
I stopped by last week and got the chicken fried rice on a snack credit and found it to be the best fried rice I had ever eaten. My Dsis and I split it. It was very large and a better use for a snack credit than a Mickey Bar.

LarryBoy
02-17-2009, 01:31 PM
What are their kid's choices?

ElenitaB
02-17-2009, 01:52 PM
What are their kid's choices?

From the menu posted on InfoCentral (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp):

For the Children:For Guests 9 & Under
All meals include choice of 2 side items:
Carrot sticks, applesauce, fruit punch gelatin or chicken fried rice
Choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, small bottle water, or Apple Juice

Cheeseburger
Chicken Bites
Pork Egg Roll

Chocolate chip cookie, french fries, or soft drink substituted upon request

All this talk of Y&Y really makes me want to try it on our next trip. Thanks!

Aggie97
02-17-2009, 02:38 PM
We ate at Yak & Yeti last February, and we were kind of so-so on it. We shared the crispy honey chicken and an order of egg rolls. We both thought the chicken and accompanying rice were pretty flavorless, and the rice was very soggy. The egg rolls, on the other hand, were delicious! :mickey:

LandFan
02-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Adore the Mango pie!! I always stop by and pick up a couple and put them in our fridge and eat them as snacks during the week :D

Natazu
02-18-2009, 06:15 PM
With the exception of the Mango Pie, I was disappointed with the CS location. The egg rolls were greasy, like they'd been sitting around, the fried rice and the lo mien was dry. When I asked the manager about it, he said "we're still getting our act together". It's been a year. I could have cultivated my own lo mien farm by now.

Vinny
02-19-2009, 07:26 PM
We ate at Yak & Yeti last February, and we were kind of so-so on it. We shared the crispy honey chicken and an order of egg rolls. We both thought the chicken and accompanying rice were pretty flavorless, and the rice was very soggy. The egg rolls, on the other hand, were delicious! :mickey:

I have to agree with this and other reviews like it. On our last trip we had ordered the shrimp lo mein and crispy honey chicken. While the lo mein was the better of the two selections the portions are defiantly too big. We found the chicken to be a little over cooked (extra crispy/hard) and not much flavor to it. Not sure if we will be eating here during future trips as Flame Tree BBQ has more tasty menu offerings.

Mfarquar
02-19-2009, 11:26 PM
I think you have to be careful what you order here. The rice and the eggrolls are great.

Everything else we tried was mall Chinese food quality. The chicken I had was dry inside but SUPER greasy on the outside. The sauce was way too sweet and fake tasting.

We had eggrolls during our first try here, and like them. We went back a few days later for lunch (with the chicken) and we were very disappointed.

Easily the WORST meal during our last trip. I expected more of Disney :sick:

ojeilatan
02-20-2009, 02:53 AM
. then again i still have yet to ride everest too! :mickey:

Get thee to Animal Kingdom pronto! :D

wildernesslady
02-20-2009, 08:37 AM
We are there in Oct. an really enjoyed it. The honey chicken was great. The mango pie although pre packaged was really good. We are trying the TS in 2 weeks from today. Hopefully we enjoy that as much. I can see where seating could be a problem.