PDA

View Full Version : what kind of pass do we need? hopper, regular, etc...

msbookite
02-10-2009, 06:25 AM
we will be going to DW mid march w/ my il's. they have a time share that we will stay in sun to sun. i don't want to spend 7 days at DW b/c i don't want to return exhausted AND we are trying to economize so the plan has been to get a 4 (or 5 since they seem to be really close in price w/ the AAA discount) day pass. we thought we would need a hopper pass if we weren't going to stay just at MK but i just recently heard from someone that if we only do one park a day that a regular pass would do us fine (as in only MK on Tues, only AK on Wed, no hopping back and forth on tues between mk and ak, does that make sense?) is this true? i KNOW you folks can answer this for me and i am SO GLAD i was recommended this site!!

thank you in advance,

Lara in TN

SBETigg
02-10-2009, 06:54 AM
If you don't plan to park hop (visit more than one park per day), then you don't need to pay extra for the hopper feature. If you do want to visit more than one park per day, you'll need the hopper.

gerald72
02-10-2009, 06:59 AM
If you are economizing, then don't go with the Park Hopper.
You can do a different park each of your four days, and see them all.

gueli
02-10-2009, 07:45 AM
I agree with the other posters- you do not need the park hopper option. Stay away from the no expiration option.
If the difference between 4 & 5 days is minimal- then get the 5 days. It will allow you to 'return' to one of the larger parks if you want to, and as long as it is minimal, if you do not use it its not such a big deal.
Staying offsite should be fun. Do your best to plan a 'day of rest' between the most strenuous parks, disney or otherwise. Also if you want to 'jump right in' on the day you arrive, I would suggest Disney Hollywood Studios.
Have fun.
:mickey:

wdwfansince75
02-10-2009, 08:45 AM
I answered this with great detail on your other thread...to summarize...Consider extra days...tickets would be about $2 per person for the extra days...but since you are off site, you also have to pay for parking....Unless your offsite time share provides transportation...if so, be sure to check how often, and when, they really come to pick you up.

As you describe it, you don't want to spend the entire day and evening at the parks....so more days, and no park hopping, will allow you to spend more hours in the parks, withour pushing your group beyond endurance....and gives you the option, without hoppers, of re-visiting favorites.

Baloofan
02-10-2009, 09:36 AM
We also use a time share when we go EVERY year. The price difference between 4 days and 7 days is only 18 dollars (for 2 adults). Don't get the hopper option, just get more days than you need and use the extra days like hoppers. If you just get the 4 days and add the hopper option it adds $100 to the tickets. As far as getting burned out, everyone out there has their own way, but we usually open the MK the first day,Epcot the second. After that we just sleep in then hit the parks. Take your time in the parks, ENJOY IT. You cannot stick to a schedule or times at the parks. Besides, we do that at home. Who cares what time it is here? The only time you need to keep is dining reservations or a show time.:mickey:

tinklover
02-10-2009, 09:49 AM
We also use a time share when we go EVERY year. The price difference between 4 days and 7 days is only 18 dollars (for 2 adults). Don't get the hopper option, just get more days than you need and use the extra days like hoppers. If you just get the 4 days and add the hopper option it adds $100 to the tickets. As far as getting burned out, everyone out there has their own way, but we usually open the MK the first day,Epcot the second. After that we just sleep in then hit the parks. Take your time in the parks, ENJOY IT. You cannot stick to a schedule or times at the parks. Besides, we do that at home. Who cares what time it is here? The only time you need to keep is dining reservations or a show time.:mickey:

You can NOT use extra days like hoppers. if you do not have the hopper option on your ticket you can NOT get into another park the same day by using extra days. it is one park per day per ticket with no hopper option. if you try it the CM at the turnstile will tell you that you may not enter. on tehir lil info screen it will say that ticket has already been used at a park.

WDWNut02
02-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I would say buy the basic ticket, if you find that you want to jump around a bit you can always add the option any time at the concierge. Have a great trip!:mickey:

iheartdisney
02-10-2009, 10:38 AM
I would say buy the basic ticket, if you find that you want to jump around a bit you can always add the option any time at the concierge. Have a great trip!:mickey:

What he said! :exactly:

jonahbear2006
02-10-2009, 03:08 PM
I have a question to add to this thread. If you are getting water park and more option, do you need a park hopper to see a theme park and then in the afternoon, jump to a water park or disney quest?

BMan62
02-10-2009, 03:16 PM
I have a question to add to this thread. If you are getting water park and more option, do you need a park hopper to see a theme park and then in the afternoon, jump to a water park or disney quest?

No - The Water Park Fun and More entries are independent of the Theme Park entries. Nor do you need Park Hoppers. You only need to know how many entries you have available on the WPF option.

For example: You can go to BB in the morning (one WPF entry) then to TL in the afternoon (one WPF entry) and DQ at night (one WPF entry) -- You have used 3 WPF entries and 0 MYW Park entries.

crazygoalie39
02-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I think you should get the 4 day base tickets with out park hopper (or any other add-on). With these you could add on another day or the park-hopper option when you're there if you really need it.

goofy78
02-10-2009, 05:38 PM
if you are planning on making a reservation at any restaurant in a park and you don't get the hopper option then make sure you go to that park for the day. otherwise you will need to make your tickets hopper-able! ha ha new word :D

Baloofan
02-11-2009, 11:46 AM
You mean to say that if I buy more days than required instead of adding hopper option, and I try to enter another park on the same day they will NOT let me enter, even though I know I will be using up another day on my ticket?

BelleKP
02-11-2009, 11:52 AM
You mean to say that if I buy more days than required instead of adding hopper option, and I try to enter another park on the same day they will NOT let me enter, even though I know I will be using up another day on my ticket?

That's right . . . no way to cheat the system here . . . one park per day is all you are allowed on the base ticket. You must have the hopper option to go to two or more parks in one day.
Sorry!

Baloofan
02-11-2009, 11:57 AM
That's right . . . no way to cheat the system here . . . one park per day is all you are allowed on the base ticket. You must have the hopper option to go to two or more parks in one day.
Sorry!

My intent was not to cheat! Just wasn't aware that's how it worked. We always get hoppers

goofy78
02-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Sorry!

that is correct. i have always enjoyed the park hopper option. it gives me the freedom to choose what i want to do. i usually take a break in the afternoon and cool off back at the resort. it is nice to be able to go a different park that evening if i want.

caryrae
02-11-2009, 12:07 PM
My intent was not to cheat! Just wasn't aware that's how it worked. We always get hoppers

Otherwise people would just pay the few bucks to add extra days on their tickets instead adding the $50 Hopper option to go from park to park.

msbookite
02-12-2009, 10:21 AM
thank you everyone, it's good to know that if we want to make our tix hopper-able (hee hee!) later we can. but i think the pp was right, i'll just do more days and we can do another day (even if just for a few hours) if we want to go back.

you guys are AWESOME!!