PDA

View Full Version : New Fantasmic schedule, hate it

grwoolf
02-09-2009, 08:29 PM
We just got back last week and planned to see Fantasmic on Friday night. They were showing Fantasmic on Monday and Friday with 2 showing each night (7 and 8:15). I expected it to be busy on Friday when we showed up around 5:00, but it was crazy for this time of year. Midway Mania, TOT, and RNR were all 60-80 minute waits and I think GMR was 40 or 50 minutes. We decided to do Little Mermaid and grab some dinner to kill some time and try to get into the first Fantasmic show. The 7:00 show was standing room only when we got there a little after 6:00, so we got in line for RnRC. After RnRC (around 7:30), we got in line for the 8:15 fantasmic show and had no problem getting a good seat and the show didn't sell out. What is interesting is the park officially closes at 7:00. so I think you need to be in the park before 7:00 to catch the 8:15 show. The other night and morning I went to DHS, it had lower crowd levels then what I have seen this time of year. As far as I can tell, the fantasmic show days have a very, very dramatic effect on crowds at DHS.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-09-2009, 08:41 PM
The new schedule does stink and yes, you have to be in the park before 7 to get the 8:15 showing. Otherwise, you'll miss it and it's good that it's the lesser crowded of the two because I can just use a back entrance and see the show.

elmjimmlm
02-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Will the days change back to every day when summer comes or will it stay a few days a week?

zoulicat
02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi. A quick question. Do any of the DS attractions remain open between park closing and the 8:15 start time for the late Fantasmic show? Or is waiting in line the only thing to do, which might be a challenge for my 3 little ones.

CaptSmee
02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi. A quick question. Do any of the DS attractions remain open between park closing and the 8:15 start time for the late Fantasmic show? Or is waiting in line the only thing to do, which might be a challenge for my 3 little ones.

When we were there a few weeks ago they added a 8:15 show because the 1st one was at capacity. They kept the biggies open until 8. RNR, TOT, and TSM.

grwoolf
02-09-2009, 11:27 PM
When we were there a few weeks ago they added a 8:15 show because the 1st one was at capacity. They kept the biggies open until 8. RNR, TOT, and TSM.

The biggies were open, but they had killer lines. They did have the 8:15 shows on the times guides, so it looks like they are formally adding multiple shows on some nights. If I run into this type of schedule on future trips, I will just plan to arrive to the park at closing (before 7), wander around for a bit and get in line for the late Fantasmic show. We just don't like waiting much over a half hour for a ride and typically can plan our days to accomodate that in the off season.

hokies4life
02-10-2009, 07:39 AM
As far as I know during Easter week its playing every day. At least I hope so because I have Dining Package reservations for a Tuesday. :thumbsup: I think during the peak times there'll be more shows going on.

RocknBev
02-10-2009, 08:11 AM
I agree that the Fantasmic schedule was a bummer for me on my last trip! I had 16 in my party and only 6 of us had hopper passes so to see Fantasmic we had to schedule our day at DHS the same as the Fanstasmic day (which was a Thursday). The park was so crowded in January that I was only able to ride each ride once (which is unheard of when we visit WDW). There was no 8:15 showtime option on the night we were there...the show was packed by 6:15.
I believe Fantasmic is TOO popular for the Disney to cut the showtimes so much. This is crazy! I hope that they find this to be true as well!

Disney Doll
02-10-2009, 10:14 AM
I agree the new schedule stinks. We skipped it on our trip last month because the crowds were just ridiculous. It was packed shoulder to shoulder all the way down that street. They really do need to add back the additional shows.

tinklover
02-10-2009, 10:46 AM
We saw the show in June before they had made the schedule change. it was my 2 dd's and my DBF's first time seeing it. I am glad they did get to see it as we will not be going back to see it with the present schedule in place. that is rediculous the way they have it set up and to be so crowded. granted we went on an EMH night and it was still uber crowded but man oh man. i can not even begin to think how the higher ups would think this would be a good idea and that the AI show would be more popular UGH.