PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Africa last week

grwoolf
02-09-2009, 07:48 PM
We just got back last night and we had a couple very cold nights/mornings. Thursday morning at AK, we did safari first thing and we saw snow (sort of). Right before you exit the reserve (before the road to the poacher camp), there is a mister on the left side of the road for effect. The mist was basically freezing in the air (the snow) and also freezing to the leaves in the tree. The driver made some kind of funny comment about the weather in Africa. We didn't see too many animals that morning, so we rode again before leaving the park. We saw lots of animals (even hippos walking around out of the water). There was still a bunch of ice in the tree at 1:30, but the mist was no longer freezing in the air. We rode everest a few times that day also and it felt like we were really at the top of a mountain with the cold wind. We still had a good time, but it was certainly the coldest day we have ever spent at Disney.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm glad it's warm again. I hated the snow on the ground and on my car. We don't have snow scrapers here in Florida. I had to use a credit card.

DryCreek
02-09-2009, 09:03 PM
had some really cold days!
We packed for this weeks weather - not last weeks!

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2009, 10:31 PM
We had full on snow for three days. It is just starting to melt. We are having a heat wave here in RI. Its going to be about 35-37 for the rest of the week so far. Maybe. They never really know what the weather will be like here in new england. When we get snow we get 3 inches at the very least. Some areas get up to a foot. But minimum every where is typically 3 inches. I wish we could have just a quick poweder. I hate snow. :snowball::freeze: In fact I heard a woman the day we left florida on here phone in the airport she was a florida local leaving to go somewhere and she was telling the person on the phone how cold it was outside, it was 57 with a wind chill. She was dressed in a winter coat with scarfs and mittens. Me and DBF were in sweatshirts. We were coming home to RI that morning where it was 3 below 0. I was laughing to myself thinking how us RI'ers would kill to have 57 degree weather. lol. :mickey:

goofy78
02-10-2009, 03:31 AM
I'm glad it's warm again. I hated the snow on the ground and on my car. We don't have snow scrapers here in Florida. I had to use a credit card.

There's putting it to some good use! :D

Imagineer1981
02-10-2009, 06:19 PM

ha, my best friend at DW had to do the same thing, she hated it

CaptSmee
02-10-2009, 09:29 PM
I think you Floridians are referring to frost, not snow. Snow falls out of the sky, highly doubt it snowed there last week.