PDA

View Full Version : AAA Discount?

Chernabog1326
02-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Does anybody know if there is a discounted room rate for AAA members? And if there is, do you know about how much?

big blue and hairy
02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
The last time I checked, when it is available, the AAA discount is different for different levels.

20% for Values

15% for Moderates

10% for Deluxes

:sulley:

wwebber
02-09-2009, 04:57 PM
AAA is a preferred partner with Disney so AAA members get some of the best rates if you book your trip with a AAA travel agent. The rates vary, but it's a good savings and more than pays for the cost of your membership. You can get discounts on just the room and/or just tickets too, if you don't want to go with a package.

In addition to the savings, AAA members get preferred parking spots in the lots, a free 5x7 photo, a free story time telling experience, a free round of mini golf, a free ride on the sea racers, free credits to use at Disney Quest, and also the benefit of someone else doing all your leg work. The AAA agents can also make your dining reservations for you and pull some strings for things like restaurants that are booked up for ADRs and rooms with good views, etc.

You can also get a good deal on a Hertz rental car which they can add into your package.

big blue and hairy
02-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Bear in mind that all those extras are only with a package reservation done through AAA. You can do it that way, book through WDW for a room only discount, or do the whole thing through Magical Journeys and they will take care of the whole thing.

:sulley:

EeyoresBestFriend
02-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know if it is the same for CAA? Or is it another 'US only' thing?:D

dizfanforever
02-09-2009, 10:16 PM
4 nights at POR went down about $75-$100 with the AAA rate for us. It can't hurt to ask!

wwebber
02-10-2009, 09:24 AM
You can get those extras with a room only discount... if you book through AAA. If you do it on your own, you an't. Your AAA agent has the power to do that. I believe the same discounts apply in the CAA as well!

CanadianWDWFan
02-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Does anyone know if it is the same for CAA? Or is it another 'US only' thing?:D
CAA discounts work exactly the same as AAA discounts. In fact if you look at the back of your card there is the AAA symbol.

We always book first with our CAA/AAA discount and then Terrisue will change it if a better discounted AP price comes out.

KylesMom
02-10-2009, 01:23 PM
We always book first with our AAA discount and then Terrisue will change it if a better discounted AP price comes out.
We do the same thing. If Disney is not offering room-only A/P rates, it's great to at least receive some type of discount on our room. Two of the past three years we've relied on the AAA discount for our chosen resort during the times of year we travel.

And hey, an added bonus about AAA - if you get stranded in the middle of nowhere with a flat tire, they'll come and bail you out! :D

You mentioned discounted room rate in your original post, so I'm assuming you are looking at room-only pricing. If you are looking for a package deal with tickets and the "extras", you'll need to go through AAA as specified by another Intercotee above. :mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-10-2009, 01:32 PM
As another pointed out, the AAA discount varies within the level of resort you are booking. But I believe it also varies depending on which season you are in (peak-value etc).

Value season I believe is the best deal, with 20% off on moderates.

Not to bash AAA, as we've used them several times in the past, but I haven't found the extra AAA "bonuses" to be all that great. If you don't have a rental car and instead use the buses, the prefered parking doesn't do you much good. It's great that you get them, but I wouldn't go out of my way to specifically book a AAA package to get them, imo.

Gooftroop5
02-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I see someone gave you the percentages.

I can tell you I figured out how much it cost to get the same package on the Disney website. When I contacted AAA the price they gave me was a few pennies cheaper then the price off of Disney the big difference was AAA price included the tax where the Disney website doesnt'. We are doing the buy 4 get 3 free with the QS DDP first week of august. We booked yesterday. It worked out the same for my parents they decided to join us today. (could be cause i didn't tell them until today we were going...:blush: )

As said above it is only on rooms. however you do get a card that gives you 10% off for the big Disney store Downtown disney. You can use it more than one time.

The AAA parking if you are driving is a nice perk. One day when we went to the MK the AAA Lot was full which worked out better for us. The attendent told us to park in the very first parking spot in a row. It was 2 rows away from the parking lot tram. Saved us a lot of walking with 3 very tired kids at the end of the day.

wwebber
02-10-2009, 03:17 PM
good point... I forgot to mention the AAA Diamond Card which you get with any package you book at AAA. It's good for discounts on merchandise in select stores, food in select restaurants, and other things like activities, etc. It can be used multiple times and does save some good money!

EeyoresBestFriend
02-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I've used mine before for the rooms but then was informed by several CMs that CAA was only good for room discounts ~ so I never checked for any other perks.
Now I'll keep an eye out.:thumbsup:

caryrae
02-12-2009, 11:15 AM
I am using MJ with a room only AAA discount. If I would go through the Disney website it would cost $149/night $670.52 total for 4 nights in Sept. standard room at CSR. With my AAA discount I am paying $119/night $536.44 for the same room.

For our 4 night stay at POFQ through Disney it would be $806.63 total water view room but with my AAA rate I am paying $656.30.

So with disney for the 8 nights at the 2 Resorts it would cost $1477.15 with AAA rate it's $1192.74 so with the AAA room only rate I am saving $284.41.

Soul_Power
02-25-2009, 09:43 PM
good point... I forgot to mention the AAA Diamond Card which you get with any package you book at AAA. It's good for discounts on merchandise in select stores, food in select restaurants, and other things like activities, etc. It can be used multiple times and does save some good money!

I'm sitting here looking at AAA's 2009 WDW brochure and see information about the Diamond Card. Do you know if this comes with your final paperwork if you have a AAA package booked or do you have to ask your agent for it?