PDA

View Full Version : Adults only trip must do's

armmh
02-09-2009, 01:15 PM
First I just have to vent... this is just so WRONG...I have been planning our (first ever) June 09 trip since June 08. Literally counting days (as many do). I have spent HOURS online and pages of notes......2 weeks ago my secretary's husband won a trip from work. They are going the end of Feb....she doesnt even really want to go:bang:
Sooo....since she knows Ive been planning she has asked for my input on what to do. They are 50ish, no kids, only there for 3 nights so a quick trip. What are the MUST DO's--and oh, he doesn't like roller coaster rides, so more along the lines of shows and sights. (I really am happy to help her, I am just so jealous I can't stand it) They are staying at the Beach/Yacht Club.
Thanks so much for your help!!

Imagineer1981
02-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I would tell them to enjoy a spa treatment at Y&BC. Maybe hit Jellyrolls over at Boardwalk with its dueling Pianos. There is so much to do its overwhelming. Take the safari at AK, get dinner at California Grill at the Contemporary, spend a day going around World Showcase

gwfx1031
02-09-2009, 02:04 PM
We just came back from a trip without the kids and did the following:
Segway tour in EC
Dinner at Cali Grill @ fireworks time
Dinner at Jiko
Did not rush to do anything and just enjoyed the weather, atmosphere, and time together.

Being so close to Epcot will be great for them to just walk over and stroll around.

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Maybe even check out Cirque De Soleil at DTD.

BugeyedMuggy
02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Illuminations is a must for any first time visitor. :thumbsup: It really shows how Disney does things well.

A trip around world showcase is a great idea. I would also suggest resort hopping at the monorail resorts, Poly, GF and Contemp. Visiting the Poly beach at fireworks time can be fun. Visit and explore Animal Kingdom lodge and eat at Jiko.

Soarin'
Spaceship Earth
Beauty and The Beast
Great Movie ride
Festival of the Lion king
Kilomanjaro Safari

She will want to return!

SBETigg
02-09-2009, 04:31 PM
If this is their first trip to WDW, I wouldn't advise doing any special tours or extras like spa time. It will take away from their already short time in the parks. I would just enjoy the parks at a leisurely pace and especially enjoy World Showcase.

I would recommend they make some late ADRs at some wonderful, more adult restaurants-- like California Grill, Jiko, Flying Fish Cafe, or Narcoossee's. And I would tell them in advance about Fastpass and which attractions to use it on. They may not love coasters, but there are a lot of attractions people do love that they don't expect to enjoy before they have experience at Disney parks, like Soarin, which will definitely require Fastpass. Maybe give them a list of the can't-miss non-coaster attractions.

Zawadi
02-09-2009, 05:29 PM
My suggestions would include:

EPCOT

Soarin'
Spaceship Earth
The Seas With Nemo and Friends
Living with the Land
World Showcase - meal at Biergarten & IllumiNations

Animal Kingdom

Finding Nemo
Kilimanjaro Safari
Pangani Forest Trial
Flights of Wonder
It's Tough To be A Bug
Maharaja Jungle Trek
Festival of the Lion King

DHS

Great Movie Ride
Fantasmic
Beauty and the Beast
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

Magic Kingdom

SpectroMagic
Wishes
Mickey's Philarmagic Orchestra
Haunted Mansion
Enjoy the atmosphere and be a big kid :mickey:

GrumpyFan
02-09-2009, 06:49 PM
No offense Zawadi, but for 3 days, I think that's too much. I would suggest they not try to do Animal Kingdom.

Since they are staying at Y&BC, they have lots available to them right there. Plus, there is the Boardwalk right behind them, either via a short walk or the Friendship boats, check this link for Disney's Boardwalk (http://intercot.com/themeparks/boardwalk/default.asp).

For the parks, I would recommend they do Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios via the Friendship boats, or if they're energetic, the walk to either park is 10-15 minutes. I would also suggest for their first or last day do Magic Kingdom.

Also, the following link Romance at Walt Disney World (http://intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp) has some great ideas for things couples without kids can do.

grwoolf
02-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I would agree with almost all of Zawadi's recommendations and would add the following:

The Lights, Motor, Action stunt show at studios if the husband is into cars at all

At MK, The DWD railroad, Pirates of the Carribean, and Laugh Floor Comedy Club.

I also agree that this entire list is probably too much to do during a short trip, but it is a good list to pick from. If I had to pick a park to skip, it would probably be DHS. As much as I love Fantasmic, it is the only must-see item on the DHS list in my opinion and takes a bunch of time and fighting crowds (now that they limit the shows to selected nights).

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
I also agree that this entire list is probably too much to do during a short trip, but it is a good list to pick from.

I disagree. I think they could do it all easily. DAK and Studios can be done in the same day, if they skip some of the shows at DAK and take advantage of the evening EMH for Studios.

DAK - Festival, Nemo, Everest, Dinosaur, and Safaris. Those are the only things I find to be of notable interest. If you catch DeVine, that's amazing! She's great but only does a few sets. I'd personally skip Flights and Tough to be a Bug.

Studios, estimating a 3-4 pm arrival there - Tower, Coaster, Star Tours, Backlot (volunteer for it) and if possible, TSM. You must see Fant, it's amazing and a great show.

pixiesmimi
02-09-2009, 11:57 PM
When we went alone, we just took our time and saw everything we could, especially at Epcot since it seems to be geared more to the adults. We made ADRs at some restaurants that we probably wouldn't go to with children and we had a blast. We enjoyed just exploring and trying to do everything we came to rather than running from one ride to another. It was a really different experience and we are going to do it again in August for our anniversary. Can't wait! :cloud9: