PDA

View Full Version : Using the birthday card for "adult beverages"?

pugslave
02-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi! I'm going to WDW on my birthday and was interested in the birthday gift card, but honestly, I have a lot of Disney stuff (T's, sweatshirts, kitchen stuff, etc..) and was wondering if you can use the card for an ice cold beer on a hot day at Epcot? Or maybe a frozen Marg. in Mexico? TIA!

KylesMom
02-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Early reports from Intercotees indicate that you cannot use the birthday card for food or beverages. :( Here is the "legalese" right from the Disney website:

You may use the Birthday Fun Card only towards the purchase of merchandise items at participating merchandise locations owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney WorldŽ and DisneylandŽ Resorts. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the payment of Walt Disney WorldŽ or DisneylandŽ Resort Hotel room night folio charges, or a Disney Cruise LineŽ reservation aboard Disney Cruise LineŽ, or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, alcohol, cigarettes, spa services and products, or personal services such as face painting, caricature drawings, hair braiding, and hair wrapping.

Imagineer1981
02-09-2009, 02:34 PM
So basically you can only use it on Disney owned merchandise. Hair wraps/face painting/etc are all 3rd party vendors and so are Rainforest Cafe, Wolfgang Puck, and other brand restruants. I guess it helps limit confusion by limiting the cards use to ownly Disney merchandise stores and they don't have to reimburse the 3rd party vendors

pugslave
02-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Bummer... Maybe I'll go for the fast passes...

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-09-2009, 08:46 PM
The good news is that you can use it at any store though, including Uptown Jewelers or the Art of Disney Stores. If I could get it, I'd buy something nice from there.

Crow
02-10-2009, 11:30 PM
I know i would love to use it for an adult beverage.....bummer

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-13-2009, 06:38 PM
I know i would love to use it for an adult beverage.....bummer

If you were planning on buying an souvenirs, you can use that money for the beverage and use the card for the goodies. I never NOT buy anything when I'm down there. I can always find something to buy.

Daisy'sMom
02-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I had fun with my card. But when I got home, I was amazed at what I had chosen. I always look at the Dave Smith "Disney from A to Z" but failed to buy it! Now I am sad.....

Disney Nutt
02-15-2009, 10:35 PM
So I am planning on getting the birthday gift card instead of the park ticket...when you request this at the window...do they ask you for proof that you already have a park ticket? We are coming in late the night of my birthday and I already have a park pass...so I am curious if I need to bring it with me that night? Thanks!!

alilprincessmom99
02-16-2009, 09:49 AM
I guess since they "limit" what you can purchase on the gift card, I will get the fastpass.

No, really, I was planning on getting the fastpass anyhow. But, seriously, why can you ONLY purchase merchandise?

DDuck66
02-17-2009, 03:21 PM
So I am planning on getting the birthday gift card instead of the park ticket...when you request this at the window...do they ask you for proof that you already have a park ticket? We are coming in late the night of my birthday and I already have a park pass...so I am curious if I need to bring it with me that night? Thanks!!
Yes, you need to bring your current ticket. We went for DW's birthday and she had to show her AP and DL at the window as well as the certificate from registering online. She used the giftcard at the Art of Disney store. We really liked it and are going back for my bday on March 2nd.