PDA

View Full Version : Pirate & Princess Party 2009

Minnie4me
02-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi All,

I have heard that there will be no Pirate & Princess Partys in 2009....is this true?

We are heading down in May and was hoping to go to one.

We went to one last May and it was a blast.

Many thanks!

JPL
02-08-2009, 08:09 PM
As of now all Pirate & Princess Parties have been cancelled for 2009. Of course this is always subject to change but I wouldn't count on it.

joanna71985
02-09-2009, 11:47 AM
It is true, unfortunately. :(

beksy
02-09-2009, 07:17 PM
We planned on going in May when we heard about the parties (still going but dissappointed that they won't be going on). I went to one in Feb. last year but was sick that night and didn't enjoy it as much as I would on another night. At least it convinced my bf to take the trip!

iheartdisney
02-10-2009, 10:44 AM
To those of you who have been before...

Were they not popular? I read about it and part of why we decided to visit in May this year (instead of Halloween or Christmas) was to go to the Pirates and Princesses party. My sons LOVE anything Pirates and we call our daughter the Princess - it was going to be the perfect party for our family.

c&d
02-10-2009, 01:04 PM

Were they not popular?

I think that it was very popular. The fireworks during the event were some of the best I've ever seen. All the little side games and shows were also very good.

I believe they were cut back due to budgetary concerns rather than they weren't popular.

joanna71985
02-10-2009, 05:31 PM

Were they not popular? I read about it and part of why we decided to visit in May this year (instead of Halloween or Christmas) was to go to the Pirates and Princesses party. My sons LOVE anything Pirates and we call our daughter the Princess - it was going to be the perfect party for our family.

In my opinion, the P&P were a lot of fun. It's a shame they were canceled for 2009.

DixieBelle
02-10-2009, 06:42 PM
I am sad that we were never able to experience them. Hopefully we will get another chance in the future. :(

MNDisney Dad
02-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Hopefully, the ax will not continue to fall on these hard ticket events. I cannot imagine MNSSHP & MVMCP being scrapped too.:(