PDA

View Full Version : Tree House Villas

BedknobsandBroomsticks
02-08-2009, 11:41 AM
I was off intercot for a while last year because we weren't going to Disney and I didn't want to torture myself. Anyhow, when did the THV open back up for public stays. Last time I was down to the world they were sort of in disrepair, you could see them on the boat from SSP. Someone said they used them for VIP's and college kids on work program. Did they renovate them? I never see them listed on the Disney website as an available lodging. I was just wondering. :confused:

CleveSJM
02-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Last February, this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=126796) talk about it quite a bit.

First time I ever stayed on site was in a Treehouse. Can't wait to get back into one.

Lehman Family
02-08-2009, 04:43 PM
We actually just got some information about the villas when we were down in December. Disney is rebuilding them. They initially wanted to update them but they weren't able to because of cost to make them handicap accessible. They decided to rebuild them but all the red tape took a few years to get through. They are now rebuilding them, they had to implode each one so they didn't disturb the wetlands around them and as of December were starting the reconstruction. The big change is that they will be part of Saratoga Springs now, not Old Key West.