PDA

View Full Version : campfire with Chip and Dale??'s

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
02-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Not sure If I am posting this in the right place.

I just read about someone who went to Hoop de do ... then went to a campfire with chip and dale. Can someone let me know what time this takes place? If we wanted to do this... which seating should we get for the hoop de do... and how do we get from one to the other?

hlkeck
02-08-2009, 11:08 AM
I won't be too much help - but it was definitely later - maybe 8 pm or so - I know we started getting worried that there wouldn't be any buses running and we weren't sure how to get back otherwise, so we left early. Maybe it was just us - but it wasn't worth it for my kids who were 5 and 3 at the time...

Just sorta boring. They did some singalong songs and had smores, if I remember right.

princessesmom
02-08-2009, 11:48 AM
The campfire program at FW is free and completely separate from the Hoop de Doo. The fire lighting is at 6:30, singalong starts at 7:00, and the movie starts at 7:40. There is a movie schedule on the camping forum. We did this a number of years ago and the kids really enjoyed it. They sell kits to make smores there, which was a big hit. Chip and Dale come around and sign autographs. We didn't stay for too much of the movie, just because it was going to be too late for young children. We were staying at FW in a cabin, so it was very easy for us. If you're staying somewhere else you'll want to have a transportation plan so you can get back later.

WDWdriver
02-08-2009, 11:06 PM
As Princessesmom said, the campfire program is not related to the Hoop de Doo, although both are at Fort Wilderness. You can get to Fort Wilderness by boat from MK or by bus from the other parks. FW has it's own internal bus system, so if you arrive by car you will park at the FW entrance and take a bus to the campfire (ask the driver where to get off). If you arrive by boat from MK you will be at Settlement Depot where the Hoop De Doo is performed. You can walk to the campfire from there (ask for directions) or take one of the internal buses. The campfire includes a real campfire with marshmallow and smores roasting, a sing-a-long of Disney songs, a visit with Chip & Dale and a Disney movie under the stars. It's a very relaxing and enjoyable evening, and it is FREE!

stitchaholic
02-09-2009, 12:25 PM
we just came back ,we did the 5pm hoop de doo show and then hopped on the internal FW bus,we made it in time to hear the sing along,the campfires were already going and we were able to meet chip and dale,we didn't stay for the movie(we were just too tired),we headed back to pioneer hall the same way we came,got back on the boat to MK(we got to see wishes from the boat,pure disney magic!) and caught an almost empty bus back to our resort.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-09-2009, 08:55 PM
If you go, I'd take the Orange Line and get off at the 600-800 Loop. That stop is right across the path from the Campfire and in my opinion, the closest.