PDA

View Full Version : Tropical birds at CBR???

Lori Anne
02-07-2009, 07:52 PM
I read in a few other places online, that there is an aviary on Parrot Cay (or is it Caribbean Cay??) I have seen both names for it! Can anyone help?
Thanks!!

Mousemates
02-07-2009, 08:49 PM
When I read your question, I thought...wait I must of have missed soemthing...because during a three night stay last year we walked from our room across the bridge to Caribbean Cay and then on over to Old Port Royale...but didn't recall seeing a true aviary with lots of tropical birds....thou at the time we walked it (late in the evening and early in the morning) there were some areas that were kind of gated off....so I googled your question and came up with what looks like the info you cited.

"The villages surround a 45 acre lake. In the midst of the lake, you'll find Parrot Cay Island. As the name suggests, the island is stocked with an aviary of colorful tropical birds."

So, maybe so. Maybe we missed it...or maybe it was gated off during the hours we were there...or maybe it was not funcitoning during our visit (it was during the major pool overhaul)...I will look forward to seeing what some more recent guests or some of the "carribean experts" have to say.

gerald72
02-07-2009, 08:54 PM
I believe there were parrots there when it was named Parrot Cay, but since there are no longer parrots, it is now called Caribbean Cay.

kakn7294
02-08-2009, 08:53 AM
From the time CBR opened until Animal Kingdom opened, the little island in the middle of the lake was known as Parrot Cay. It was an aviary of sorts with large cages of beautiful tropical birds. However, with the opening of Animal Kingdom, the birds moved to a new home in that park and the island then became Caribbean Cay. DH and I enjoyed walking through here and admiring the birds on our honeymoon in 1993.

Darbylew
02-08-2009, 09:15 AM
I remember seeing some parrots and other
birds on the little island called Parrot Cay but
that was a long time ago. As far as I know they
are not there any longer. I guess they all moved
to AK.
BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MARCH......IS IT MARCH YET? :confused:

Lori Anne
02-08-2009, 09:46 AM
thank you for your help!! we are still thinking either AKL (we were there 4 yrs. ago) or CBR, which looks so lush and tropical!! depends on the pocketbook! :blush:
have a magical day everyone!!