PDA

View Full Version : American Adventure music

handmaidenofprincesses
02-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone,

For my French lit class, we're listening to French anti-war songs and we're supposed to come up with a bunch of similar American ones... I'd like to use the song about the two brothers from the American Adventure, but I have (A) no clue what it's called and (B) no idea where to find it, if it's even been released.

It's a perfect comparison to one of the French songs we're using, very similar lyrics, and I reeaalllyyy want to find it... Please help!!

Thanks in advance!

PS- I couldn't decide if this should go here or in the Tv/music forum.. sorry if this is the wrong spot!!

DizneyRox
02-07-2009, 02:55 PM
It's called Two Brothers...

It's also not available commercially to the best of my knowledge

WDWdriver
02-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Two Brothers, from the album Songs of the Civil War. You can download it from Amazon.com. You can also Google the lyrics.

Altair
02-07-2009, 04:15 PM
I would have never guessed this was a Tom Jones song.

DizneyRox
02-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Two Brothers, from the album Songs of the Civil War. You can download it from Amazon.com. You can also Google the lyrics.
:confused: I don't see it anywhere..

Wiki info: "Two Brothers" (lyrics and music by Irving Gordon, vocals by Ali Olmo)

EDIT: I think I see the one you're referring to, however that's 100% NOT the version in the attraction.

Altair
02-07-2009, 04:47 PM
There's two versions of the entire song on YouTube. The old hippy guy does the better job.:thumbsup:

DixieBelle
02-07-2009, 05:05 PM
handmaidenofprincesses I sent you a PM.
:)

handmaidenofprincesses
02-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Thank you for your help everyone! I have it now... my french project is going to kick some major derriere! ;):blush: