PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP - Is it worth the money?

VWL Mom
02-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Due to DS17's new HS scheduling for next year we had to move our normal Mon-Mon Jersey Week to Sat-Sat. When I made the change yesterday I realized we would actually be arriving on Oct 31st. Is MNSSHP worth the extra $200?

medic9016
02-07-2009, 10:46 AM
We think it is worth the $$$. We have gone the last 5 years. We have not been on Halloween night. The tickets are limited, so that helps alot. The parade, the headless horseman and fireworks are great. The lines can get long at some of the more popular rides.

Strmchsr
02-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I think it's a lot of fun, and worth it to do at least once, though I understand Halloween night can be very crowded.

DizneyRox
02-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Halloween WILL sell out, you MUST decide and get tickets as soon as you can.

I think the Halloween Party is the best after hours party Disney does. Better than the XMas party, and blows away the Pirate and Princess Party.

The problem is, that's pretty much all they do for that holiday. XMas is a big deal all over property, but Halloweeen, kindof boring. The resorts do some very basic stuff, but nothing like they do for XMas.

So, if you're there, it's worth a stop by, but I wouldn't rearrange everytihng to go that time of year. XMas though is very high on my list of times to head to the world.

markyv
02-07-2009, 02:52 PM
My family loves the mnsshp. We have only done it once, but given the opportunity we would definitely do it again.

joanna71985
02-07-2009, 03:23 PM
MNSSHP is awsome!! I can't wait to go again this year.

Aggie97
02-07-2009, 03:51 PM
We went to MNSSHP for the first time last October and had so much fun that we bought tickets to go again on the last night of our trip!

We feel the MVMCP has a wonderful Christmas spirit, and the P&P Party has the best fireworks we've seen at a Disney park, but the MNSSHP is the best party overall: fun Halloween atmosphere, great decorations, cool character greetings all over the place (including Snow White and the Seven Dwarves all together), trick-or-treating with a crazy amount of candy, and fantastic fireworks and parade.

We definitely will be back for it. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
02-15-2009, 09:17 PM
I thought it was a lot of fun and worth doing atleast once. :mpumpkin:

Disney Doll
02-16-2009, 12:02 PM
We loved MNSSHP and I would recommend it to anyone. However, I'm not sure about the crowds if you are going on Halloween night. Probably a very crowded party which would be enough to make me think twice.

LauraleeH
02-16-2009, 12:59 PM
There will be a lot of crowds on that night, but the party is absolutely worth it! Usually they have the party one more time in November...I think last year was November 2nd. If you don't mind going then, the crowds will probably be lighter and since it's the last party, they'll be giving away candy like crazy!

vizsla
02-17-2009, 03:27 AM
MNSSHP is worth the extra expense. We attend the party sometimes twice a year. It is a lot of fun.

dmosher
02-17-2009, 01:49 PM
MNSSHP is worth it, honestly! This was the best WDW event we have been to and actually will be planning every WDW trip so that we can attend it. As far as on the 31st though? We have not been though I know it sells out, so the crowds will be difficult, still more manageable than say July 4th crowds, but busy anyway.

If this is the only day you can go, then do it anyway! It will sooo be worth it.

As a side note, if you want pics with popular characters, get in line very early as we missed Snow White and were very sad about it.
Have fun and we will see you there!
:pipes:
D

Tinkerfreak
02-17-2009, 01:57 PM
There will be a lot of crowds on that night, but the party is absolutely worth it! Usually they have the party one more time in November...I think last year was November 2nd. If you don't mind going then, the crowds will probably be lighter and since it's the last party, they'll be giving away candy like crazy!

Last year they did not have another party after oct. 31st. We waited to buy our tickets hoping to go to the last party in Nov. and they did not have one. We have always been on Halloween night and we don't find the crowds too bad. We actually plan to go at this time of year just to go to the party. We have always had low crowds in the parks and the weather has been great. We can't take DD out of school anymore so we have to go for Thanksgiving instead. If you can go for Halloween I say go for it!

tinklover
02-17-2009, 02:05 PM
we are going on halloween night becasue that is what both DDs asked santa for. lol they wanted a trip to disney to trick or treat there. i will see ya there :thumbsup:

tinktude
02-17-2009, 06:25 PM
We have been on Halloween night twice, and it hasn't been that bad. It's just a matter of planning it right. If you want to ride the rides, go during the first parade, then trick or treat until it's time for the second parade.

We love going to this party, we have been a few times now, and are planning on attending again on Halloween this year.

Kim Possible
02-17-2009, 06:36 PM
i went for my first mnsshp in october and i gotta say it was sooo fun! i loved it because it's quieter and less ride waits, plus there are some special characters or the usual ones are in special outfits. plus candy from disney! how fun is that? :D

tomatoe pie
02-26-2009, 03:16 PM
we have been for the last 5 yrs and think it is well worth the cost. it is by far the best parade of all. it is so much fun. the parade music is also terrific.:ghost::pumpkin::blackcat::bat:

i am looking for the schedual for 2009. anyone know where it is?:confused:

Beast_fanatic
02-26-2009, 03:37 PM
i am looking for the schedual for 2009. anyone know where it is?:confused:

It hasn't been released yet.

Seasonscraps
02-27-2009, 07:59 PM
I thought it was a lot of fun and worth doing atleast once. :mpumpkin:

Me too :mickey:

emmatink
02-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Anyone remember when they usually release the dates and how far out you can book? We went on Halloween night in 2007 and it was a blast. I definitely recommend it!

LauraleeH
02-27-2009, 11:24 PM
I believe it's usually in May...start checking in April for dates because you never know when they'll release them early ;)

LauraleeH
02-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Last year they did not have another party after oct. 31st. We waited to buy our tickets hoping to go to the last party in Nov. and they did not have one. We have always been on Halloween night and we don't find the crowds too bad. We actually plan to go at this time of year just to go to the party. We have always had low crowds in the parks and the weather has been great. We can't take DD out of school anymore so we have to go for Thanksgiving instead. If you can go for Halloween I say go for it!
Sorry, it was 2007! I was looking at the wrong picture. That must have been the final year for that...:confused:

Mickey91
03-07-2009, 11:33 AM
We love it! We usually plan our trip around it:mpumpkin:.