PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Deciding

beksy
02-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I need help! This is only my second time on the dining plan so it's only the second time I'm really eating at TS restaurants. I'm having trouble deciding where to eat. Here is what my tentative plans are:
Saturday: arrive and dinner at Kona (we'll probably go to MK for a few hours)
Sunday: CRT for dinner (this one is a must)
Monday: 50's Prime Time for dinner (Dbf doesn't know what to expect!)
Tuesday: dinner at Coral Reef (Dbf loves aquariums)
Wednesday: Donald's Safari Breakfast, Boma for dinner
Thursday: Garden Grill (my favorite)
Friday: San Angel Inn (Dbf's request) for lunch
Saturday: Ohanas for dinner (my request)
Sunday: Crystal Palace for breakfast and leave

It is just the 2 of us but we're like big kids and really enjoy character meals. The only one's I'm not sure about are 1900 Park Fare dinner sounds entertaining with good food and Narcosee's sounds good but I'm from the country and don't know much about fancy food so I don't know how I'd like it. What do you think?

tinksmom02
02-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I haven't tried them all, but I think you have a great mix there! Are you doing the Deluxe DDP? If not, then I think you have a few meals you'd need to pay OOP for. If you ARE doing Deluxe, then you need a lot more! LOL

1900 was good for dinner, it was nice to see Cindy and family. We like the food better at breakfast, though. I will say, though, that the food at the buffet (dinner) is put out in small portions, which means it's constantly being replenished, which means it's always fresh.

We haven't tried Narc's yet, but it's on my list for September.

DisneyGlutton
02-06-2009, 11:05 PM
If you don't know if you like fancy food, what better opportunity will you have to try it then at WDW on the dining plan? The only likely downside of trying Narcoossee's is that you will crave it once you get home and be sad that you can't have it all the time. That's what happened to me!

Your dbf is gonna love, love, love Coral Reef if he loves aquariums...even if he doesn't I defy anyone not to love the atmosphere. If you don't want to get seafood, try the chicken breast, and the land and sea appetizer is also fabulous. I'm not a big fan of character dining myself, though the one I have tried, Akershus, is really good.

Also, tinksmom has a good point that either you need more or less places...since CRT is two TS credits, and you only have one per day on the regular, that won't work unless you pay.

beksy
02-06-2009, 11:11 PM
We're planning on paying for CRT oop and one of the breakfasts to come out even on the dining plan. I just read that it looks like San Angel Inn will be closed when we're there, so I think I'll substitute Teppan Edo instead.

GoofyMom09
02-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Where are you staying? Are you flying in and out or driving?

beksy
02-09-2009, 10:49 AM
We're staying at POR and flying.

GoofyMom09
02-09-2009, 12:29 PM
It sounds like you will be doing some great eating! I asked where you are staying because the only thing I would maybe change would be your last day. Depending on when you are flying out, it might be easier to get breakfast outside of the parks. There are lots of great character breakfasts that don't require park admission. Cape May Cafe is very nice and is on the Boardwalk which is fun to walk around. Also, Chef Mickey's is a definite favorite. So unless you are flying out late that night, you might enjoy eating out of park and doing a little resort hopping.