PDA

View Full Version : What type of pass to get?

barbiegirl314
02-06-2009, 01:56 PM
We're going to DW the first week in May :mickey: (so excited I just made all my ressies!) and I'm confused about what type of ticket to get. What we're planning is to spend 3 days in the Magic Kingdom, 1 day at HS, 2 days at Epcot and then a day at one of the water parks and Disney Quest.

Looking at the Ticket order form I'm thinking that I need to get a 6 day pass and add on the water & fun option. Is this right or do I need to do a 7 day pass to get into these attractions too?:confused:

Also is it worth it to spend the extra $$ and upgrade to the park hopper ticket. Hubby and I have a 3 yr old and a 12 yr old, and we'll be driving to the parks.

Thanks for your help anyone.

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2009, 02:01 PM
We always get the park hopper option. This year we had the water park fun and more option too. We had a 4 days Park hopper with water parks fun and more. I personally think the park hopper is worth it. But it is really up to you and whether or not you want or need the freedom of going to another park the same day you go to another (IE your at Magic Kindom and feel like going to Epcot) you would not be able to do that unless you had the park hopper. Or paid out of pocket when you got to the park to get that one day base ticket. So really its up to you and what you want to do or plan on doing. You do not need to get a 7 day ticket to get the park hopper fun and more either. I think its a minimum of 3 days to get that.

WishingStar2006
02-06-2009, 02:31 PM
You do not need a "ticket day" for the water parks and Disney Quest. When you get the "and more" you get a certain number of admissions to water parks and Disney Quest in addition to your park days. I'm not sure of the ratio but I know on our 10 passes with water parks and more we had 4 (or was it 6) admissions to water parks and/or disney quest.

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2009, 03:42 PM
With four day passes you get 2 days a piece for both the waterpark fun and for disney quest

Goofy4TheWorld
02-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Correct, all you need is a 6 day park pass with the water park fun & more option added (which costs an extra $50 per ticket).

A 6 day park pass will come with 6 "water park fun & more" credits on them, so that is more than enough for you to spend one day at a water park and at Disney Quest. You do not need a "park day" on the day you do the water parks & Disney Quest, as long as you do not want to visit any of the four main parks at all on that day.

I have decided not to ever pay for the park hopper option when I first buy my tickets, because of the 13 days I have spent at WDW in recent memory, I have park hopped once, and I could have avoided hopping then but one of the parks were full to capacity and so we hopped around that day.

HOWEVER, if you do not buy the Park Hopper option up front, you can upgrade your tickets at any time during your stay, and pay only the $50 per ticket then. That way, you only pay the $50 if you need it, which, if you plan to stay in one park per day, you don't. The same goes for extra days or adding the water parks fun & more option, you can do it even after the ticket has been used, and only if you need it. If you decide that you would rather spend a seventh day in the parks instead of going to a water park, you can add the extra day and pay only the difference (which would only be a few dollars per ticket.)

Keep in mind that this means you must make any ADRs that are located inside a park at the park you are visiting that day, or else you will need the Park Hopping option just to get into your ADR. Since you said you have made your ADRs, you should make sure they are at that day's planned park, or else buy the Hopper.

Imagineer1981
02-06-2009, 05:23 PM
also don't forget, if you want you can buy additional days as well. Once you get past like 4 days, additional days become very cheap

GoofyMom09
02-06-2009, 09:01 PM
When my husband and I went to Disney we got the Park Hopper option and loved it. Now that we have kids, I don't think that it is worth the money. Especially since you have a 3 year old, I wouldn't get the Park Hopper. One park is more than enough each day for an adult, let alone a little one:mickey:

mrmcgiv
02-06-2009, 11:13 PM
we got the park hopper for our first trip and it was good to have, we used it a lot, Then on our 2nd trip in 12/08 I felt I learned and knew enough and could plan and not have to hop. It worked well, I doubt we will hop again! Maybe you should wait to add the water Park option until you are here....that is good advice

Polynesian Dweller
02-06-2009, 11:22 PM
We have being going for 19 years and always have the park hopper and always use it, usually every day. Flexibility is the reason.

If MK is very busy when we go (and you can't always predict it) we head over to Epcot or AK or something like that. Another use is to go to Epcot, then travel over to DHS for a couple of rides and come back to EPCOT for dinner. Lots of other scenarios but the point is your trip becomes very flexible. Since its a flat fee for the length of your ticket it is very definitely worth it.

AmandaChan
02-07-2009, 12:17 AM
For my DH and I we always get the park hopper option. We love having the choice to go where ever we want if we change our mind/etc. Usually we'll spend the morning in DHS or something and go back to the hotel, and go to Epcot that night for a dinner reservation. I can't imagine spending from open to close in one park and having the option to go to a different park at the end of the day after we take a nap or swim is nice, and it gives us an excuse to go back to the hotel and relax. It just seems kind of weird to go to MK in the morning, get exhausted, go to the hotel and relax, then go back to MK. And I know with kids it would be a good idea to take a break for a couple hours! Just an idea.

crazygoalie39
02-08-2009, 10:04 PM
All you need is 6 days with the water park fun & more option.
We always use the park hopper option. Most of the time it's not to do several parks in a day. Basically we use it to eat at a different park for dinner or go to a fireworks show at a different park then the one we've been at all day. Or if for some how TGM is wrong about crowd expectations you can go to a different park.
And IMO I would cut a day in MK and take a day in AK. I noticed you don't have a day in AK and you definitely don't want to miss it.