PDA

View Full Version : January trip question

MEJ
02-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Yes I know this is a year away but need to plan early. Would like a January 2010 trip. When do the Christmas decorations come down? when does the Osborne light show end? Thanks

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Typically everything chirstmas starts to slowly be taken down during the week after new years. So you will start to see Christmas decorations start to come down in January of 2010 monday the 4th. Everytime we have been there from the 5th was the earliest day we have been there till this year we got there on the 6th and most of everything was already gone outside of some hotels christmas displays in the lobbys. Past couple of years the osbourne lights last showing have been the last day of the weekend after new years. Hope this helps.

ThanxForNoticin
02-06-2009, 12:16 PM
This past January we arrived on Sun, 1/4 - the first time we've gone that early in the year. That was the final night for the Osborne lights, but many of the other decorations and trees were up for another day or two. This falls in line with the experience TinkerbellT421 has also had.

handmaidenofprincesses
02-06-2009, 12:40 PM
I checked my pictures, the trees at least were up until 1/8- I know, b/c my DAK pix have christmas decorations and that's the day we were there. AS far as the light show, I'm not sure. Some of the lights were still up when we were at DHS on 1/7, but I don't think they were turned on at night. Happy planning!! :mickey:

MEJ
02-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the info.... what are the crowds and weather like in January.

jaredkari
02-06-2009, 01:02 PM
The weather is absolutely great!! I maybe have broken a sweat one time in the past two years when we went in January. We were able to swim in the heated pools, that was fun.

Now as far as crowds, don't expect low crowds because kids are back in school. I am not saying they are awful but I would say they are on pace with summertime. I know some may argue with me but we have been there during the summer and January and it seems about the same. But the cooler tempertures make dealing with crowds far more bearable.:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2009, 01:16 PM
The only time that crowds were big was during Marathon weekend. We avoid parks during the weekends anyway if possible. Locals go to the parks which makes it way crowded. We never waited in any lines at all except for TSM which we got a fast pass for anyway. But other than that crowds are perfect in my opinion. DBF has been there a few times at different times of the year during the summer and we have vowed that that will never be the case again. Crowds are unbearable during the summer. There is a huge difference between summer crowds and january crowds. Huge difference. Also Martin Luther King weekend in January is also a busy time for the parks.

Coaster_Chick!
02-08-2009, 03:06 PM
i was @ a january trip last year and all of the decorati ons where still up.they are so buetifull! woop woop!!:mickey:

Coaster_Chick!
02-08-2009, 03:07 PM
and yes the marathon week is crowded!! and @ the week before the marathon crowds star comming in 2!!