PDA

View Full Version : Another Free Yacht Club Stay!!!!

jakeybake
02-06-2009, 09:14 AM
I can't believe it's happening again!!

You may remember me, I posted in December because my company was sending me down to the Yacht Club for a training. 6 days, 5 nights all on the company dime. I had always wanted to visit at Christmas time so it was a real thrill to go.

Well, I was just asked if I would want to attend another training, at the Yacht Club again, the week of March 8th. If there was a world speed record for fastest response to an e-mail I would of shattered that record!! So low and behold I will be poolside at SAB in about 5 weeks!!

I just can't believe it and had to share the good news with all of my Intercot friends!! Actually, this will be my 3rd free trip down in the last 12 months. I attended a conference at the GF the first week of March '08.

Signed,
Luckiest Man Alive
(Jay)

MNNHFLTX
02-06-2009, 09:21 AM
You are one lucky person, Jay! Can I ask--who do you work for, and are they hiring? ;)

jakeybake
02-06-2009, 09:28 AM
I work in healthcare. Been here a looooong time and this is the first year anything like this has ever happened.

I would love to say they are hiring but we are kind of in a freeze like everywhere else. Tells you everything you need to know about the economy when even healthcare is affected.

Jay

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2009, 09:37 AM
WOW! Thats awesome! Congratulations! Hey Im not to far out of Boston! Are they hiring!???!?! lol! I can work office ;) lol

vicster
02-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I can't believe it's happening again!!

Well, I was just asked if I would want to attend another training, at the Yacht Club again, the week of March 8th.
Signed,
Luckiest Man Alive
(Jay)

Of course you said NO. LOL

Have a great trip!

mouseketeer mom
02-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Wow! I do remember, and its awesome its happening again, and I will be there the same time as you for my DD's 13th BD which is exactly on March 8th!!!

#1donaldfan
02-06-2009, 01:30 PM
....lucky !!!!!!!!!!!!

diz_girl
02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Jay - Enjoy your trip. I'll be in NJ :envy:.

TammiMcMan
02-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Considering that many companies are cancelling corporate travel for most of their employees, then you are very lucky. We're in Boston as well and I know my husbands company has gone through 2 layoffs since December and he is no longer scheduling training trips.

PetefromRI
02-06-2009, 05:32 PM
That's awesome Jay.I remember your post in December.You are very lucky indeed!

DawsonAR
02-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Wow that is Cool. I had a conference once at the YC and one at CR. I'm in healthcare too! I haven't seen anything recently healthcare related at Disney. I guess you are much better than me at finding the "good" conferences to attend. Have fun!

RedSoxFan
02-06-2009, 06:47 PM
WOW ---- Have a wonderful time.:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-06-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm jealous! I only get to go as far as Waltham for any training. If they ever need anyone in payroll, let me know.
Have a fantastic trip.

jakeybake
02-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Wow that is Cool. I had a conference once at the YC and one at CR. I'm in healthcare too! I haven't seen anything recently healthcare related at Disney. I guess you are much better than me at finding the "good" conferences to attend. Have fun!

Hey DawsonAR,

The one I attended in December was called the Disney Approach to Quality Service for Healthcare Professionals. Was a phenomenal training class with some fantastic facilitators. They would take us on field trips to the MK, DHS, Wilderness Lodge etc. We would enter through back stage areas and they would show us how they create "magic" through presentation, environment etc. It was really a once in a lifetime trip/training. Training price includes breakfast, lunch, lodging and passes. Was a 3 and a half day training but I stretched it out to 6 to have some time to myself.

I highly recommend it and have the name of a wonderful contact at the Disney Institute if you need it.

Jay

Emme&TeddysMommy
02-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Have a great time!!!!!!! Get a tan for the rest of us stuck on the cold BRRRRRRRRR!

DawsonAR
02-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Hey DawsonAR,

The one I attended in December was called the Disney Approach to Quality Service for Healthcare Professionals. Was a phenomenal training class with some fantastic facilitators. They would take us on field trips to the MK, DHS, Wilderness Lodge etc. We would enter through back stage areas and they would show us how they create "magic" through presentation, environment etc. It was really a once in a lifetime trip/training. Training price includes breakfast, lunch, lodging and passes. Was a 3 and a half day training but I stretched it out to 6 to have some time to myself.

I highly recommend it and have the name of a wonderful contact at the Disney Institute if you need it.

Jay

I will have to keep a look out. That sounds like the perfect training that could be shared with co-workers upon return! Thanks