PDA

View Full Version : Restroom Question

JakeontheCob
02-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Here is a topic I am sure will be of interest to about three people, me and my two kids. :blush:

I am headed down there with my two kids (DS 9 and DD 5). I can not remember if there are family bathrooms in the parks. My DD usually goes by herself when we are out for dinner or such at home, but being at Disney with the crowds is a different story. I am not against letting her go by herself, but would prefer a family restroom if possible. Does anyone know anything to help me out here? I believe we could always go to the nurse's station as they have family restrooms, but sometimes that will not be very convenient.

So, any suggestions to help a struggling single Dad out?

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-06-2009, 08:31 AM
We went in December...I only remember once or twice seeing family restrooms....most were men/women. If it is a restroom with only one way in and out, she should be fine if you stand outside waiting, but be careful with some of the MK restrooms(I'm thinking Adventureland), you may find that the exit is on an opposite side of the entrance.

g8rgirl29
02-06-2009, 08:59 AM
I think I remember seeing a few in WS in EPCOT. I think they were handicap/family restrooms.

dumbo_buddy
02-06-2009, 09:35 AM
there definitely are some family restrooms around but not at every location.

i don't know your feelings on this but i would think that it would be fine for you to bring your daughter in the men's room with you if worse comes to worse.

there are always little guys in the women's bathroom and nobody cares. better safe than sorry!
:mickey:

vicster
02-06-2009, 09:41 AM
We went with friends in September who had children around the same age. We waited outside the bathroom stall for them - no problem.

WDW_Obsessed
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM
This was originally posted in another thread:

Family Restrrom locations in WDW:

Animal Kingdom

Discovery Island opposite Flame Tree Barbecue, just before DinoLand USA entrance on the right
Harambe Village in the Mombasa Marketplace
Chester and Hester's Dinosaur Treasures in Dinoland USA
Near Maharajah Jungle Trek on the left before the entrance
Inside Maharajah Jungle Trek to the right as you exit the Bat House
Conservation Station at Rafiki's Planet Watch

DHS

Opposite Star Tours
Right side of Millionaire building on Mickey Avenue
Rock 'N' Roller Coaster
Opposite The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Fantasmic! amphitheater
Right side of Lights, Motors, Action!

Epcot

Spaceship Earth On Left as you face SE
Spaceship Earth on Right as you face SE near Gateway Gifts
Future World West opposite The Land - Photo 1 -- Photo 2
Future World East opposite Test Track
Refreshment Port (right side of World Showcase - before Canada)
Morocco on the right
Germany on the right
Norway opposite the Viking ship

Magic Kingdom

Lower level of Cinderella's Royal Table in the Castle
Pirates of the Caribbean
Near Splash Mountain
To the right of Space Mountain
Mickey's Toontown Fair
Transportation and Ticket Center East Gate

frakers
02-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Yes, there are about 6 - 8 companion restrooms in each of the parks. We have 2 young boys and have never had a real problem finding them. The biggest problem we has was waiting for folks to finish before we could go in. Sometimes it was an individual that just likes privacy (a lot!) or a family that has several, including a particularly messy little one.
They are great, especially when you have one in a stroller that you don't want to just leave sitting around.

JakeontheCob
02-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I do usually bring my daughter with me into the men's room. However, she has started to protest that "I am a girl Daddy and that is a Boy's bathroom". So, she is obviously getting to understand that she needs to go in a girl's bathroom.

Thank You WDW_Obsessed. That is exactly the information I need. Looks like there are enough located in each area of the park for us to take advantage of. A little wait is understandable. I will probably print this list off to use while we are there.

WDW_Obsessed
02-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Sure thing:thumbsup:

The real thanks goes to Zawadi who originally posted this information in the Private Restrooms thread from 12-27-2008. If I knew how to link directly to that thread I would, but there may be more information in that particular thread that would also be helpful to you. Have a fantastic trip!:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
02-06-2009, 11:41 AM
in addition to the list mentioned above, I remember using these:

I'm pretty certain of this one:
In the Land, outside Soarin.....where the other restrooms are (am I remembering this one right, or not?....)

And this one I've used.....behind Pinnochio Village Haus, to the right where you enter the other restrooms.

I'd also agree that sometimes people just use them for privacy! I'm in an opposite situation....my DS and I go to the parks without DH, so he doesn't like to use the GIRLS bathroom and I get told that several times each trip....sorry, not that trusting yet to let him go on his own! AND< I make him wait in the stall next to me until I am walking out, then he can open his door!