PDA

View Full Version : Which should i keep - which should go

Babyvett
02-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Okay, hubby and I are going in Sept. Right now we have the deluxe dining with hopes that free dining will be offered and we'll just pay the price difference.

I'm trying to make arrangements to make the most of the dining plan. Was wondering which of these should be definites and which ones maybe I should replace.. (Im really questioning both DHS choices) I have 21 credits per person for 7 days so I need 3 more recommendations as well.

Epcot 1
biergarten - l
Le Cellier - D (early)
Cape Mays - d (5:30-9:30)

Epcot 2
Akershus - B
San Angel Inn - D (early)
chef's de france - d

Epcot 3
corral reef - d (early)
Marrakesh - D (late)

MK 1
Crystal Palace - l
Narcoose's (d) (2 credits)

Mk 2
Cindy's (l) (2 credits)
Chef Mickey's

AK 1
Yak & Yeti - l
Ohana - D (5-10)
Bomas - D (5-10)

MGM 1
Hollywood and Vine - L
Mama Melrose - d ( 3:30 - close)

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-06-2009, 08:27 AM
We've eaten at both Hollywood Studios restaurants and found them to be a little below par but edible. Unless you are wanting to use the fantasmic package, I would try something else? You have the deluxe dining plan, why not try some more signature restaurants? You could try Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios....I've never eaten there but heard good things about it. How about using two of the extra credits and trying California Grill?

We didn't care for San Angel Inn or Marrakesh, but that's just our opinion.

Are you listing what you want to eat each day or just possibilities...be careful not to tie yourself down too much to dinner reservations. You will lose a lot of park time if you are eating three TS a day, not to mention you will be very, very full.;)

I think you've got some picks so far though:D

SBETigg
02-06-2009, 09:01 AM
I would skip:
Akershus and Hollywood and Vine.

I would add:
More signature dining or two credit experiences. With the deluxe plan, you end up with a lot of food, a lot of taking time out of your schedule to eat, and losing park time because you're so full. Plus, if it's just you and your husband, why not enjoy some of the fine dining WDW has to offer?

I love Narcoossee's and California Grill. Flying Fish would probably be a better choice than Cape May. if you're in DHS, Brown Derby is a great choice, far better than H & V and Mama Melrose.

DisneyGlutton
02-06-2009, 09:02 AM
(First off, I'm not sure what "D" vs "d" means...are they just two different dinner options? But to use your credits, it seems like you'd have to go to both? I can't imagine that being possible from a. a time perspective, as ADRs really do take time (I usually allow at least 2 hours) between travel and eating and b. I can't imagine its possible to eat that much food, especially with appetizer, entree, and dessert. So I'll just tell you the best of your choices from my perspective and hopefully that helps)

My advice on each option is:

Epcot 1: Le Cellier is probably the best regarded 1 TS restaurant, certainly at Epcot. The cheese soup is heavenly, as is the mushroom filet (though the later does look gross, I admit)

Epcot 2: Akershus was actually quite interesting, and has a cold buffet as well as your entree and dessert platter (though I could take or leave the princesses, I went there for the food). I'm not sure how the breakfast is though.

Epcot 3: this one is tough. Both are really great experiences and atmospheres in addition to the food. It depends on how adventurous of an eater you are. I lean towards Coral Reef for the fish tank and also they have an excellent chicken breast. Move one to lunch maybe and you're set.

MK 1: NARCOOSSEE'S! Its a solid choice. Especially since you are on the Deluxe and don't seem to be using 3 credits a day (unless you're doing breakfast, though that's not the best use of your TS credit). Get the seafood bisque, and also their filet is the best in WDW IMHO

MK 2: No advice, as I haven't tried the new CRT or been to the other

AK 1: Y & Y is really good, get the pot stickers. As for the dinner, it depends on if you're at AK all day or not. If you are, Boma makes sense and is a really quality buffet and not exotic (but still interesting).

MGM 1: I haven't been to either, though I've read mixed reviews of MM. I would recommend trying Brown Derby, though its my least favorite of the Signatures, and def. get the raviolo as an appetizer. You could also try Flying Fish which isn't too far away. Its my favorite restaurant in all of WDW, with California Grille being a close second. Those two would be my recommendations to add to your list. Also Raglan Road at DTD if you're not in the vicinity, as it has very interesting food.

sassy2000
02-06-2009, 09:10 AM
I would definitely keep Chefs de France, Ohana, Boma, Narcoosees, & Marrakesh. I would also suggest Whispering Canyon @ WL. We really enjoyed our meal there and it is a fun environment.
Regarding your HS choices... have you considered 50's Prime Time Cafe? That is our fave there. The pot roast is delicious.
With all of those credits, I would consider more signature dining. What about California Grill at CR? You could have a late dinner there and watch Wishes. I definitely agree with previous post that you are going to spend alot of time eating and not as much park time if you pick 3 TS meals a day. :mickey:

KatMark
02-06-2009, 10:15 AM
I strongly suggest you drop H&V. We've been twice and you could not pay us to eat there ever again. Rudeness starting with the hostess, then with the server--when you could find her/him, lukewarm, medicore food at best--and that is when there was food and didn't take them 20 minutes to replenish, filthy tables, floors, bathroom.

Crow
02-06-2009, 01:12 PM
heard a few so so about H&V. I havent eaten there myself. Id drop that. Mama was ok not a place I have to go back to a lot.
I also agree w trying some signature places.