PDA

View Full Version : DTD Stores are being hit hard!

NotaGeek
02-05-2009, 06:32 PM
I just read on the OC Register site that there are 4 significant stores that are either closed or in the process of closing their DTD doors permanently. It looks like the economy is hitting the vendors in DTD!

Already Closed:
Starabillias
Department 56
Club Libby Liu

In the process of closing:
Illuminations (Closed by April 30)

WOW! :sadwave:

Melanie
02-05-2009, 07:00 PM
The Club Libby Liu closing was announced a while back.

I'm sad about Dept. 56. :(

BrerGnat
02-05-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm sad about Dept. 56. :(

Me too. I loved that store. Not that I ever bought anything (except occasionally an ornament), but our boys loved going in there and looking at the displays. So did I. :(

I saw the clearance sale signs up prior to the new year, and I just assumed it was to move out the Christmas stuff to make room for new stuff. If I had known it was a "we're closing our doors forever" sale, I'd have made an effort to go in.

It's a shame.

What I can't understand is that Island Charters Store. WHO buys that stuff in there??? It's like, totally overpriced resort wear...Hawaiian shirts and leather bomber jackets and stuff. How is that place still open? :confused:

NotaGeek
02-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Island Charters and Quicksilver were on the list of stores that would be out this summer. I think that DTD is a hard market ... hopefully they will figure out a way to bring in better stores (and a Starbucks).

Mufasa
02-05-2009, 09:04 PM
I think that DTD is a hard market ... hopefully they will figure out a way to bring in better stores (and a Starbucks).

It is a difficult market right now especially in retail- in addition to DTD, there's also Anaheim Gardenwalk which affects the resort.