PDA

View Full Version : Hard to get Boardwalk in October ?

ramftbl
02-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Hello All !
We own at SSR but want to try something different... We are looking at the Boardwalk, a 2 bedroom Villa the first week of October. I can't reserve until March ( the 7 month window ). Does anyone have experience booking for an October Vacation, having to wait until the 7 month window ? Also, how has the economy affected the DVC reservations recently, ( if anyone knows ) ?
Thanks to all who respond !!!

ThanxForNoticin
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I bet you have a decent shot at getting what you want at Boardwalk in October. What we would usually do in a situation like yours is make sure we have a reservation at our home resort first - then we know we're guaranteed a nice room for the vacation. Then at the 7-month mark - RIGHT ON THE DAY, if possible - call and see if you can change your reservations to the Boardwalk. Hope you get what you want.

As for the economy affecting DVC reservations, that would be tough to tell. But with so many things being impacted right now, I'd have to think DVC reservations and sales are also being hurt by the current economy.

FiggyFan
02-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Is the Food & Wine Festval going on during your trip? If so, that may make BWV tougher to get. As ThanxForNoticin said, you should make sure of space at your home resort now, and try to move when the 7 month window opens. Good Luck! :mickey:

pox24
02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Book right at the 7 month day as MS opens. The F & W fesitival sells them all out fast. :thumbsup:

lockedoutlogic
02-06-2009, 11:07 PM
you will be very lucky if you get it....

AHOTE
02-07-2009, 12:05 AM
We booked Saratoga Springs at 11 months out for late October and we were on the wait list for Boardwalk for a full 7 months. NO Luck! :(Hopefully you have better luck for early October.

Maleficent's Dad
02-07-2009, 07:19 AM
We are looking at the Boardwalk, a 2 bedroom Villa the first week of October.
As some have already stated, October is very difficult to get at the BW or BCV due to the F&W Festival.

Good luck, however! :mickey:

JMTStone
02-07-2009, 08:21 AM
I'd take advice above and book at home now. F&W festival is wonderful. Especially when you can walk in from BWV. We own at SSR and AKV and stayed at BWV June 2008. I love BWV! I recommend trying BCV if BWV isn't available. They're right across the lake from eachother and you can easily visit the Boardwalk while you're there.

lockedoutlogic
02-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I'd take advice above and book at home now. F&W festival is wonderful. Especially when you can walk in from BWV. We own at SSR and AKV and stayed at BWV June 2008. I love BWV! I recommend trying BCV if BWV isn't available. They're right across the lake from eachother and you can easily visit the Boardwalk while you're there.

Beach Club is actually a much better location for access to EPCOT than Boardwalk....especially the Villas

That's a common misconception about the two....the walk to EPCOT is alot shorter from Beach Club.....the Villas are practically built ontop of the UK Pavilion