PDA

View Full Version : a good TS in MK?

wwebber
02-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Looking for some good suggestions to eat at Magic Kingdom for table service? I'm trying to avoid any character dining or signature restaurants because I am on the dining plan and do not want to use 2 TS credits. Thanks for your suggestions! :mickey:

SBETigg
02-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Good TS in the MK? Tough one. I recommend going CS in the MK and saving the TS for resorts outside the MK, like Grand Floridian Cafe, which is a very good one credit TS. Or 'Ohana or Kona Cafe. MK has some good CS choices, like Columbia Harbour House or Cosmic Ray's Cafe, but not so great on the TS choices.

luvDaMouse
02-05-2009, 12:38 PM
I thought Liberty Tree Tavern was very good. It was a Character dinner when I was there but I think that has changed and no longer has characters. I have had one good meal at Tony's and one not so good. I have yet to try the Plaza ( I would like to my next trip) I have only done the breakfast buffets at the Crystal Palace never lunch or dinner. All three meals are characters but it is only 1TS on the DDP. :mickey: Hope that helps some

g8rgirl29
02-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I second Liberty Tree!! They serve you a family style meal that we love!!! Great food and plenty of it!! Tony's is pretty good too but I prefer LTT!!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-05-2009, 12:53 PM
DH and I ate at The Plaza for lunch last week. It wasn't our favorite all week of our TS meals, but it wasn't all that bad for a lunch.

robnadina
02-05-2009, 12:56 PM
If Liberty Tree Tavern is still open than I would go there. The food was great. We were on the Dining Plan and it only took 1 credit. It was one of the more memorable meals we had at MK.
Have Fun

cardinalsfan_98
02-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern would be my place of choice in MK. Even though the characters are not there anymore, the meal is unique and delicious!

DawsonAR
02-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Liberty Tree is a must do for us each trip.

crazygoalie39
02-05-2009, 01:44 PM
My favorite's would have to be Tony's and the Plaza. I've heard some bad things about Tony's but MY experiences there have been good. The Plaza is great though.

DisneyFr33k
02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
We've been to Liberty Tree twice - once was awesome, the second just so-so. Tony's is average italian to us - we won't re-visit. And Crystal Palace was horrible for us (I know you don't want character meals, but just had to insert our opinion here). What we do is hop on the monorail and go to the polynesian and eat at Kona (the BEST food, in our opinion) or Ohana (equally wonderful food). Then return to MK to finish our evening. Can't go wrong with either of these - if you can get a ressie.
Good luck!

Mousemates
02-05-2009, 01:57 PM
I too chime in with the monorail to the poly for a TS at Kona (we love the sticky wings) suggestion. My second choice would be Tony's...I know lots of folks give it a pan, but we enjoyed our meal there last June very much.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Good TS in the MK? Tough one. I recommend going CS in the MK and saving the TS for resorts outside the MK, like Grand Floridian Cafe, which is a very good one credit TS. Or 'Ohana or Kona Cafe. MK has some good CS choices, like Columbia Harbour House or Cosmic Ray's Cafe, but not so great on the TS choices.

I agree with this post. However, if you're interested in a buffet Crystal Palace is pretty decent.

JPL
02-05-2009, 06:39 PM
When they open a good TS restaurant in the MK I will let you know;) However for a buffet option CP is pretty good.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-05-2009, 10:11 PM
We've had two good meals in MK...one at Tony's (we were a bit wary after some of the bad comments we've heard), but it was one of the best meals of the week, and at LTT, one of our favourites. We aslo enjoyed CP for breakfast, but it has characters :eeyore:

DisneyGlutton
02-06-2009, 01:14 PM
When they open a good TS restaurant in the MK I will let you know;)

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

Do counter service at MK if you can and then eat somewhere on the monorail. Maybe Kona Cafe if you insist on sticking to 1 TS credit.

wwebber
02-06-2009, 01:41 PM
The CP dinner buffet does look good. Do they charge two table service credits for that one? I've heard in some places that it's only one credit but I remember reading on allears.net that it's two credits. Just curious because that could be an option if it's one.

Getting on the monorail and going to a resort for dinner is a great idea too... I'll be checking that out for sure!

Disney_Barbie
02-06-2009, 03:18 PM

Those were my exact thoughts when opening this thread. If you really wanna use a TS credit that nt I'd step out of MK to eat elsewhere (Epcot Or a monorail resort)

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Crystal Palace is one credit:)

prttynpnk
02-06-2009, 04:12 PM

I agree! Get on that monorail! :thumbsup:

DebK
02-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I have to agree with get on the monorail......

GoofyMom09
02-06-2009, 08:52 PM
I actually was struggling with this same question before I made my ADRs. We decided to go with CP buffet. It is only 1 credit. We have been there before and liked the food and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. It is also very conveniently located. I agree that hopping on the monorail might be your best bet, it depends on who you are traveling with. We are going with two small kids so I think it is best to stay in the park.:mickey: