PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on DDP and character meals

dba504
02-05-2009, 12:20 PM
We (DH, 2 kids ages 2 and 4 and myself) will be at WDW last week of March. We've never done the DDP and I'm debating whether to do it at all or if we do, which of the 2 options (quick service or the "regular" one). We are not planning to do a lot of "sit down" meals (due to the 2 year old) aside from 2, maybe 3, character meals, but I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to do the DDP anyway. Also, we were hoping to do the Cinderella breakfast at the castle but could only get reservations for dinner. This is quite pricey. Should we try for the Princess meal (either B, L, D) at Norway instead since it seems to be a little cheaper or is it worth paying the extra $$ to get the photos at the castle?

TIA!
Deborah

SBETigg
02-05-2009, 12:37 PM
You could also try 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian, which has Cinderella and others, and it's a buffet. I think you may be better off without the plan or with the Quick Service plan and paying OOP for the few table service meals.

Tinkpink
02-05-2009, 03:28 PM
We actually liked Norway better than CRT. You get pics with princess either way (we had Belle at Akershus/Norway). The food was better at Norway than CRT for sure!

Unless you really want to be in the castle, I would go for Norway. We loved it. (Also nice "castle like surroundings).

Enjoy!

bob6572
02-05-2009, 04:09 PM
We thought 1900 Park Fare was much better than Norway. Food was a little out there vs the buffet. And the character interaction at 1900 was great.

Chef Mickeys a must do, Cape May Cafe for breakfast was great as well.

Although the DDP is not as great than before, still worth it since buffet for 4 at Chef Mickeys is more than the cost of one day on dining plan.

TinkerbellT421
02-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I have not been to CRT so I dont have an opinion on that yet...That is part of our plan for trying next year. This year we did Akershus in Norway and enjoyed it very much. We did like the food (we did breakfast). I thought it was very fun and comfortable atmosphere. :mickey: Personnally with your childrens ages. Im really not sure DDP would be a very good value for you. DBF and I I think have decided we are going to not do the DDP next year. We are going to save enough money as if we were going to do the DDP but just wing it. I will explain more of that in my end trip report...I think the kids would really get a kick out of the Crystal Palace buffet in Magic Kingdom with the Winnie the Pooh characters. Thats one of my favs :blush: