PDA

View Full Version : Romantic Honeymoon Dining

steelman55
02-04-2009, 07:11 PM
My soon to be wife and I are heading down to disney world in may for our honeymoon. we got the dining package and I was wondering what suggestions anyone had about some good romantic dining options while we are there.

TinkerbellT421
02-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Opinions will depend on which Dining package you are on?

CAS
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Romantic restaurants are one of the most common threads around here. :mickey: But in my opinion the 2 most romantic restaurants are San Angel Inn in Mexico and Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridian. Happy honeymooning!

TheRustyScupper
02-05-2009, 03:48 PM
1) Alas, there are no romantic dining eateries on Dining Plan.
2) Yes, there are some pleasant eateries.
3) But, most are somewhat noisy due to kids.
4) The most romantic are
. . . Bistro
. . . Victoria & Albert's
. . . Shula's

NOTE: The recommended eateries are romantic because they do not honor DDP and can be pricey. This has the benefit of greatly reducing kids at the restaurant. Kids are nice, but have their place - which is usually not in a romantic setting.

bob6572
02-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Bistro in France would be a good choice. Or Victorias and Alberts. More geared towards adults.

murphy1
02-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I would do V&A, California Grill or Narcoosees. V&A for two will set you back about $300-400 depending on if you do the wine pairing. CG and Narcoosees are great for viewing MK fireworks. I would definitely do one super meal that you normally wouldn't do at home, I still remember some of ours from Hawaii that I will always remember.

brownie
02-05-2009, 06:43 PM
The San Angel Inn could be a good choice with its night time setting. Spoodles would be another spot I'd consider. I don't know if either are on the dining plan.

You could always eat at the Sci-Fi Dine-in; nothing like sitting in a car and watching movie trailers!

CardsFan81
02-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Since you're on the dining plan, I'd highly recommend California Grill. Just FYI - it's a signature dining experience, so it takes two credits, but it's worth it.

GoofyMom09
02-06-2009, 08:46 PM
My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Disneyworld and had a great time. You will too! Ohana and Spoodles are two of our favorites that we discovered on our honeymoon and we always go back. Ohana isn't necessarily romantic on its own, but we always time it so that our evening ends with a stroll on the beach and a viewing of Wishes. If you are lucky, you might get a double hammock:cloud9:

DisneyGlutton
02-06-2009, 10:00 PM
I say this every time this is asked...go to Narcoossee's! Its a nice intimate space with low lighting and candles, with a good view of MK. The food is also one of the of the best in WDW, especially the seafood bisque. California Grill is nice too, especially if you hit it for Wishes.

On a random note to those advocating the San Angel Inn...I know its dark, but really, how romantic can it be with a boatload of gawking guests going by all the time? Plus the food...oy...not honeymoon material for sure, maybe if you two get to the point in a decade or two where you stop giving a care;)

beksy
02-06-2009, 10:18 PM
I really like San Angel Inn. We go there every trip. It is crowded but the atmosphere is great and if it's your honeymoon, you'll be focused on each other instead of those around you. ;) We like the food too but the atmosphere is great, especially when the Mariachi band is playing. :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
02-07-2009, 07:11 AM
To the OP: steelman55

Welcome to Intercot!!!
I think you're gonna like it here!

:clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

Septbride2002
02-07-2009, 09:36 AM
My husband and I honeymooned in Disney back in 2002 and had a great time. I'm not that familiar with the dining plan so I have no idea if these resturants are included in your plan. I will tell you that first and foremost Disney is about kids so if you are trying to avoid children that is going to be impossible unless you dine at Victoria's and Albert's and I'm sure that place is not included on the dining plan and is EXPENSIE!

For our honeymoon we enjoyed the following:
* CA Grill - probably the best meal we had on property. I suggest going on a night that fireworks are not scheduled at MK if possible. The resturant is less noisy and has less children. Also be sure when making your ADR that you let them know you are on your honeymoon.

* Le Celliers - this place is now really really crowded but the meal was really good. I suggest making a late lunch/early dinner reservation about 4-ish if possible. The resturant isn't nearly as crowded.

* Rose and Crown - make your reservation for as close to 7pm as possible, check in 30 minutes early - let them know is the sweetest way possible that you would really like to sit on the patio and that you guys are on your honeymoon. Let them know you are willing to wait. The patio at Rose and Crowne offers a great view of Illuminations at 9pm. The food isn't bad either ;)

* We didn't do this on our honeymoon but it sounds like fun - go to DTD and get reservations at Raglan Road - they have an Irish band playing in the evening.

Some other places we didn't try but always get good reviews and tend to be on the less children side:
* Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge
* Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge
* Yachtsmen Steak House at the Yacht Club
* Flying Fish at the Boardwalk

to read my honeymoon trip report check out my homepage.

Congratulations and welcome to Intercot!

~Amanda